Sign in to follow this  
WVhighlander

College coaches on the floor at state.

So apparently the KHSAA wouldn’t let college coaches on the floor at the state tournament. What’s is everyone’s feelings on this. Most states I’ve been in give free admission and passes to college coaches. With most of Ky kids not doing the big tournaments this seems the only way they will get seen. 

I personally would like to see them give them passes and even set them up a chair section some where. 

It would be great but KHSAA wont care about our thoughts only money for the tickets and I guess I see there point a little. I mean that could be a lot of free tickets. But still should be done. I always thought it was bad High school coaches cant get in either if dont have a kid wrestling  which is also a bad thing.

1 hour ago, WVhighlander said:

I would guess maybe 15 coaches there last year. Many of which said they won’t be coming back Bc they were treated so poorly. Honestly their doing us a favor by coming. 

or the fact 3 of the programs in the state had their head coach call out KHSAA on social media posts about the poor arrangements. 

I am pretty certain that no sport gives tickets to all head coaches if their team is not in the state tournament.  Many of the high schools may pick up the tab for the passes, but no KHSAA.

It would also be hard for me to believe that if a college coach requests tickets from KHSAA that they would be told they have to pay for them.  I may be wrong.  As for how they were treated.  I have no idea what happened.  The venue we have had the last 2 years is very tight.  Restricting who can be on the actual floor seems reasonable to me.  Now if we are talking about the dreaded Horse Park then there is plenty of room for college coaches to wander around the floor area.  

1 hour ago, grappler-of-old said:

I am pretty certain that no sport gives tickets to all head coaches if their team is not in the state tournament.  Many of the high schools may pick up the tab for the passes, but no KHSAA.

It would also be hard for me to believe that if a college coach requests tickets from KHSAA that they would be told they have to pay for them.  I may be wrong.  As for how they were treated.  I have no idea what happened.  The venue we have had the last 2 years is very tight.  Restricting who can be on the actual floor seems reasonable to me.  Now if we are talking about the dreaded Horse Park then there is plenty of room for college coaches to wander around the floor area.  

Good point that space is fairly tight at GRC.  But my guess is this is an issue that the KYWCA could help work out with KHSAA.  Similar to the officials seating area I'm sure some space could be found for a dozen or so chairs to accommodate college coaches hospitality.

3 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

Good point that space is fairly tight at GRC.  But my guess is this is an issue that the KYWCA could help work out with KHSAA.  Similar to the officials seating area I'm sure some space could be found for a dozen or so chairs to accommodate college coaches hospitality.

That’s exactly what I’m picturing ranger. 

1 hour ago, grappler-of-old said:

Definitely happened with the college coaches. Also witnessed how the KHSAA treated the college coaches. It was not good. 

On 9/21/2022 at 2:49 PM, Ranger123 said:

You know better, unless one of the college coaches offers up a free arena for the tournament they wont get a thing. 

4 hours ago, plantmanky1 said:

You know better, unless one of the college coaches offers up a free arena for the tournament they wont get a thing. 

Hey I'm being an optimist.  We have a new team at the KHSAA and maybe some new opportunities to take steps forward.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

14 hours ago, plantmanky1 said:

More than one College arena has been offered up. I will leave said arena nameless. 

2 hours ago, halfhalfhalf said:

More than one College arena has been offered up. I will leave said arena nameless. 

If it is not in the Bermuda triangle of Louisville, Lexington, Frankfort then it will not be considered.  (Under the guise of not being central).