Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2022-23 Preseason Rankings - Sept 7

Ok, finally got back in the swing of things after a quick little vacation and ready to post this.  There are obviously still a LOT of weights in question.  In the next month we will be kicking off official practice and shortly after we will start to see some fat tests get posted.

Team notes:

- I have a virtual dead heat with the top 4 teams going into the season (with lots of lineup questions outstanding)

- PT is looking really really good if they can settle the top of their lineup and fill a couple holes down low

- JC has the most question marks as I know nearly all their guys play football and they have a big logjam up top

- UC, seems crazy to rank them 3rd any time, but that's just the way the math is working at the moment.  Would not be at all surprised to see them win again.

- Trinity has the chance to make a run this season.  They don't have quite as much room for error as the other teams, but they have some big guns that will have them in contention

Individual notes:

- a couple weights are shaping up to be really exciting

- BUT a couple of other weights look a little soft, so we could see some shifting even after fat tests start to give us a more clear picture

I'm sure many of you will have feedback after seeing this. Shoot me messages with school changes that were missed and weight adjustments that need to be reflected.  I've been digging into summer results and talking to as many coaches and fans as possible to get a sense on weight, but a lot will still be missed.

Rankings_22_23_0907.pdf

7 minutes ago, PBFalcon said:

Imagine if the Raney’s, Hunter Jenkins Jeremy Ray & Jake Dowdy had stayed in Paducah. Wow!

Should be a fun year

Stayed?  Did they ever go to PT. I remember them at MC. 

190 is looking tough with virzi dropping down it will be interesting. What leg will he cut off to make weight lol. He’s big. 

I see a few deep weights and some that are a little weak. Going to be interesting to see where they end up.