38 minutes ago, pin4thewin said:

dont you have to qualify

For early registration you do. Those three qualified by placing top four at high school state I believe. They might have qualified other ways too. You can also win one of the early entry tournaments to qualify to enter now. Once the regular registration opens anyone can sign up but it fills up fast. 

1 minute ago, WVhighlander said:

For early registration you do. Those three qualified by placing top four at high school state I believe. They might have qualified other ways too. You can also win one of the early entry tournaments to qualify to enter now. Once the regular registration opens anyone can sign up but it fills up fast. 

Ok, there are a lot of kids going to IHPO and top 4 qualify there. Ofc that will be hard to do.

1 hour ago, Checkmate said:

Lane Kiser is going ,he had 101 in his bracket last year!!

I didn’t know early registration had opened up yet ,thanks for letting me know.

Awesome. What weight will he be at. He should do well where ever he goes. 

What do you all think is keeping Ky wrestlers from competing in some of these national events. Our neighbors to the East, WV, already has 14 kids signed up while we are at 5. They are a much much smaller state. What are some opinions on this? 

12 minutes ago, WVhighlander said:

What do you all think is keeping Ky wrestlers from competing in some of these national events. Our neighbors to the East, WV, already has 14 kids signed up while we are at 5. They are a much much smaller state. What are some opinions on this? 

As far as I'm concerned, how would they prevent wrestlers from leaving?

22 hours ago, WVhighlander said:

I’m not following. Who is preventing them from leaving?  What are they leaving?

Oh I’m sorry, I misread and thought you said is ky keeping wrestlers from competing out of state not what is keeping them from competing out of state

Jayden now ranked #1 in the country on Matscouts (by far the best ranking service).  Will be good to see him defend that spot and solidify himself as the best in the country at the weight.

Just now, Ranger123 said:

Jayden now ranked #1 in the country on Matscouts (by far the best ranking service).  Will be good to see him defend that spot and solidify himself as the best in the country at the weight.

At 120 we might get to see a rematch between Raney and Blaze as well. 

The Youth Wrestler that went to Super 32 was Thomas (Teddy) Brauer from Owensboro Catholic. KY Youth State Champ last year, and got 2nd at Super 32 in the 160lb. weight class giving up about 30 or so pounds. 

Congrats to all those from KY that competed and a special congrats to the Raney brothers from Union. Thoroughly enjoyed watching those two young men compete, especially the huge win over Jax Forrest, #4 pound for pound wrestler in the nation. What a finish to that match!! 

• Upvote 1