Ranger123

ATTENTION Wrestling fans! All Star Classic is back!

On 8/23/2022 at 8:19 AM, Ranger123 said:

Be on the look out over the next couple days and weeks for additional details to be released on this event.  But right now put October 8 on your calendar.  The dual will take place at Legends in Louisville.  Thanks to Mike Sullivan for the effort he has already put in to make this event possible.

106 lbs #1 ranked Ren Birk of Great Crossing versus #2 ranked Roman Valera of Central Hardin

113 lbs #2 ranked JaRi Campbell of Christian County will face #3 ranked Jonah McCloskey of Simon Kenton

120 lbs #2 ranked Sebastian Vega of Conner will battle #4 ranked Ethan Davis of Grant County

126 lbs #2 ranked TJ Meyer of Walton-Verona will battle #3 ranked Amari Hardin of John Hardin

132 lbs R1: #1 ranked Jayden Frazier of Paducah Tilghman will face #3 ranked Rider Trumble of Ryle, #2 ranked Leland Reeves of Taylor County will face #5 ranked Rowder Benner of Great Crossing; later the winners will face off

138 lbs: R1: #4 ranked Mason Kellett of Christian County will face #5 ranked Ayden Lehman of Trinity.  The winner will wrestle #2 ranked Isaac Johns of Woodford County.

157 lbs #3 ranked Jasitin Kubwimana of Lafayette will wrestle #4 ranked Justin Krebs of St Xavier

Are the rankings next to their name their newest ranking?  If so that makes it pretty interesting. 

Another great weight for the All Star event will be 150 where we will do another 4 man group.  Round 1 will feature

#1 Nolan Banfield of Montgomery County vs. #4 Malachi Harris of Trinity

#3 Mason Schweitzer of Walton-Verona vs. #5 Braedon Herron of North Hardin

winners will battle at the end

An awesome weight where we have 4 of the top 5 ranked kids at the weight to see who will go into the season at the top of the rankings.

1 hour ago, WVhighlander said:

I know a couple JC kids were passed on but what about Union. Did they decline?  Rickets is back right?

That’s a long haul for both JC (most of their guys are probably playing football) and Union even at the centralized location. I’d say they were offered for sure. 

9 minutes ago, CUTiger184 said:

That’s a long haul for both JC (most of their guys are probably playing football) and Union even at the centralized location. I’d say they were offered for sure. 

Let's just say, distance is NOT an issue.  I'll leave it at that unless people want to make it into a deeper personal issue as in certain schools were passed on.  My goal is plain and simple, get #1 and #2 at each weight.  That's not always possible so we work down for the best matches we can get.

9 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

Let's just say, distance is NOT an issue.  I'll leave it at that unless people want to make it into a deeper personal issue as in certain schools were passed on.  My goal is plain and simple, get #1 and #2 at each weight.  That's not always possible so we work down for the best matches we can get.

It’s not personal at all. Nothing deep to it. You passed on the two JC kids that were available Bc you have kids you feel are better. Nothing wrong with that at all. Definately was not taken personal. I was asking about Union. Is it the same situation. I’m just curious where a few of their kids are going to fall weight wise. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, WVhighlander said:

It’s not personal at all. Nothing deep to it. You passed on the two JC kids that were available Bc you have kids you feel are better. Nothing wrong with that at all. Definately was not taken personal. I was asking about Union. Is it the same situation. I’m just curious where a few of their kids are going to fall weight wise. 

Union is simple.  They have 100% not participated in the past.  A couple guys who did accept invites over the years dropped out before the event.  So until I have reason to believe anything different will happen I don't waste what little time I have on tracking them down. 

1 minute ago, Ranger123 said:

Union is simple.  They have 100% not participated in the past.  A couple guys who did accept invites over the years dropped out before the event.  So until I have reason to believe anything different will happen I don't waste what little time I have on tracking them down. 

Makes sense. Would never have knew that if i didn’t ask. 

A couple weights were very difficult to get a matchup and will not be contested.  At 215 we had plans for a 3 man group, but a late change impacted this one.  So we are still giving a couple guys a chance to showcase where they are at this weight.

#6 Samuel Bertin of Fairdale will take on #7 Omarion Wimberly of Christian County

23 hours ago, WVhighlander said:

I know a couple JC kids were passed on but what about Union. Did they decline?  Rickets is back right?

Ricketts is back. Union is wrestling In Wisconsin that weekend. 

I'm going to finish off the ticket with one last post.  Our last 2 matches will be at 175/190 and 144.  Football and injuries made the upper weights particularly hard to pull together, so we are doing a combined matchup at 175/190 with 

#2 @ 190 Lane Kiser of Trinity will face #5 @ 175 Brandon Burchett of Fairdale

At 144 we will have

#2 Nick Armentano of Great Crossing wrestling #4 Hunter Isaacs of Walton-Verona

That will be all of the matchups as we currently have them.  Over the next week or so we will lay out the bout order and share more information about the event.

I will add it is interesting to see over 2k views on this thread in just 10 days.  Hopefully, we see that interest manifest itself with a great crowd showing up in Louisville on October 8 for the event.

5 hours ago, wildcatswrestling said:

Are the rankings ready?

I was dead from a busy long weekend in Chapel Hill. Will try to get them posted tonight or tomorrow. 

With all the matches finalized and we can start thinking about some of these battles, I have to give a few big thank yous to some guys who have helped a ton over the years and continue to support the event this year.

Chad Greenwell has helped with fliers and great graphics

Joe Burroughs is always the largest donor each year; one of the best all around coaches to walk the planet who has been critical to the growth of FCA wrestling in Ky.  Everyone should check out FCA camp each summer and the No-Ox wrestling club.

Isaac Knable another faithful supporter of the event.  Check out Invicta wrestling club and the Footwork trainer.

This year Nathan Boston and the ETC crew really proved to be the key in reviving the All Star classic

Mike Sullivan at Legends stepped up huge this year with the facility and handling all of the gear

And finally, if you are looking for a place to grab a bite to eat while in Louisville, my favorite burger spot in the world is WW Cousins on Dupont.  Owned by a great wrestling guy Marty Johnson (father of Trent and Josh).

On 9/1/2022 at 4:50 PM, Ranger123 said:

Kind of silly to say you’re trying to put #1 versus #2 when Union Co isn’t involved isn’t it?  Why have this literally in the middle of football season?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Nkawtg said:

Kind of silly to say you’re trying to put #1 versus #2 when Union Co isn’t involved isn’t it?  Why have this literally in the middle of football season?

All I can say is if you want to do something better knock yourself out.  Flo literally just did the same thing in the middle of football season and I've seen a couple other states as well.  Not sure when a better time would be.  Maybe you can hold your event in April?  And Union is what Union is.  They have many top guys, but if they choose not to participate the rest of the state isn't going to just lay down and quit. 

20 hours ago, Nkawtg said:

Now that is a great perspective. 

10 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

All I can say is if you want to do something better knock yourself out.  Flo literally just did the same thing in the middle of football season and I've seen a couple other states as well.  Not sure when a better time would be.  Maybe you can hold your event in April?  And Union is what Union is.  They have many top guys, but if they choose not to participate the rest of the state isn't going to just lay down and quit. 

Flo is national. That’s a bit different. Kentucky is a smaller state with probably a few dozen full teams.  To do this event knowing the best program in the state won’t participate is odd.  As you know numbers statewide are still kind of low. I’m just asking why don’t you put this on a month later when football winds down?  

And why so thin skinned about it?  I have to put on an event to ask questions and/or criticize your timeline?

What’s the beef you have with Union County?  Why do you think they don’t participate?

9 hours ago, Nkawtg said:

Flo is national. That’s a bit different. Kentucky is a smaller state with probably a few dozen full teams.  To do this event knowing the best program in the state won’t participate is odd.  As you know numbers statewide are still kind of low. I’m just asking why don’t you put this on a month later when football winds down?  

And why so thin skinned about it?  I have to put on an event to ask questions and/or criticize your timeline?

What’s the beef you have with Union County?  Why do you think they don’t participate?

I think we should all just appreciate Rangers time and effort he puts into this whole thing. It’s not like he has to do the rankings or the all star but he still does. He’s doing the best he can and I think we should be grateful for what ranger is doing and has done for Kentucky wrestling. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KYwrestling101 said:

I think we should all just appreciate Rangers time and effort he puts into this whole thing. It’s not like he has to do the rankings or the all star but he still does. He’s doing the best he can and I think we should be grateful for what ranger is doing and has done for Kentucky wrestling. 

Nah. It’s still a free country. I’m just asking simple questions. What’s the beef Jason has with Union County and why have this match in the middle of football season?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Nkawtg said:

Nah. It’s still a free country. I’m just asking simple questions. What’s the beef Jason has with Union County and why have this match in the middle of football season?

He’s already talked about it. I’m sure if they (Union) would agree to come ranger would definitely allow them to. In my opinion ranger has made it clear that it’s not ranger it’s Union.