Elite Training Center KY

BLUEGRASS STATE GAMES CALLOUTS

Hey everyone! I noticed on my Facebook as well as the message boards they are starting to push the Bluegrass state games pretty hard. This is a great tournament that I would love to see grow into something big for Kentucky wrestling. With that being said I talked with some of my guys after practice today and asked who they would like to wrestle/call out. Obviously we have no clue what some of these guys weigh so I will post the ETC guys weights to the right. This is what they came up with as a group. I hope this adds some fun, excitement, and competitiveness to the event!

Christian Delos Santos is calling out Logan Brown and Brayden Blevins (Christian walks around at 108-111)

Jonah McCloskey is calling out JaRi Campbell and Sebastian Vega (Jonah was 115.2 after practice)

Amari Hardin is calling out Breyden Whorton and TJ Meyer (Amari walks around 126-130)

Rider Trumble is calling out Miller Brown and TJ Meyer (Rider was 132.8 after practice)

Malachi Harris is calling out Glenn Mayes, Jasitin Kubwimana, and Mason Schweitzer (Malachi walks around 154-160) *would have called out the entire world if I let him.

Austin Silva is calling out Uriah Virzi (Silva walks around between 220-226)

Coaches and parents, ask your kids who they would like to wrestle and lets call them out. I took the first step, whos got the guts to follow suit?

(This is all fun and games. I do not know most of these guys being called out personally other than Blevins, Whorton, and Mason. These are the guys that they came up with between themselves having fun)

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, WVhighlander said:

Always hard to know what match ups you will get with Madison system. I’m just hoping if I bring a bunch they don’t end up wrestling each other. 

If these guys show they can exhibition. You can guarantee good matches if you just make It happen. It's not like the refs are doing It for big paydays, if anything they wanna watch good wrestling. 

Anyone that my guys called out, I will pay your entree fee if you show up. Just shoot me a text and once you show Ill Venmo It over. 

1 hour ago, Elite Training Center KY said:

If these guys show they can exhibition. You can guarantee good matches if you just make It happen. It's not like the refs are doing It for big paydays, if anything they wanna watch good wrestling. 

Anyone that my guys called out, I will pay your entree fee if you show up. Just shoot me a text and once you show Ill Venmo It over. 

I’ve been before and they wouldn’t let us expo. But it was the morning session. We got one match and one forfeit one year. 

14 hours ago, WVhighlander said:

I’ve been before and they wouldn’t let us expo. But it was the morning session. We got one match and one forfeit one year. 

Ive ran it at least the last 10 years and have always let anyone get exhibition matches if they wanted. I went to madison system to get people more matches and be able to try to pool kids together to get better matches. I dont know every kid, but I spend a good 4-6 hrs the night before making pools that get the best and most matchups for wrestlers. 

I try to make this a fun event and get people matches.  This isnt a huge event with fancy trophies and hundreds of kids. I do this all as a volunteer just so we can get kids matches locally.  The refs do it at a much discounted rate, and Madison Central is hosting to help make a little money for their team. 

Sometimes there simply are no other kids close in size or age to wrestle, and seversl times thats happened,  Ive refunded money cause I felt bad. That doesnt happen at other tournaments,  youre just out of luck. 

Hopefully we have a great turnout and everyone has a fun day and gets matches in. I can tell you that myself and Madison Central staff will do all we can to make it a great event. 

3 minutes ago, coachteater said:

Ive ran it at least the last 10 years and have always let anyone get exhibition matches if they wanted. I went to madison system to get people more matches and be able to try to pool kids together to get better matches. I dont know every kid, but I spend a good 4-6 hrs the night before making pools that get the best and most matchups for wrestlers. 

I try to make this a fun event and get people matches.  This isnt a huge event with fancy trophies and hundreds of kids. I do this all as a volunteer just so we can get kids matches locally.  The refs do it at a much discounted rate, and Madison Central is hosting to help make a little money for their team. 

Sometimes there simply are no other kids close in size or age to wrestle, and seversl times thats happened,  Ive refunded money cause I felt bad. That doesnt happen at other tournaments,  youre just out of luck. 

Hopefully we have a great turnout and everyone has a fun day and gets matches in. I can tell you that myself and Madison Central staff will do all we can to make it a great event. 

The last year it was at Louisville Male the ref wouldn’t let us do expo matches in the morning session. Or at least he would not ref it. 

we all really appreciate what you do Scotty. This even has A lot of potential.  Perfect date. Great locations usually.  But we still aren’t betting kids in. I mean if everyone is happy how it is then I guess there is no need to think of ways to improve it. 

just a couple things I have ran into this week. One out of state teams thinking it’s only for instate kids. 

Another issue is kids not wanting to do it because they will wrestle their wrestling partner where it’s Madison system. Will they try to separate teammates into different brackets?

If anyone wants extra matches, just let myself know and I will get them, and I will talk to refs. 

Ive had several out of state guys ask, and Ive told them its open. I will add it to the website out of state can come.

Ive tried different things and open to suggestions.  I had a mini clinic once  several kids participated but didnt really help numbers. I could do that again. Played music to try to help the atmosphere. We have had it Louisville,  frankfort, Richmond and Lexington,  all produced similar numbers. I think that football starting hurts numbers, those kids are all practicing.  For younger kids, many are in baseball and softball. Fargo is also near it. But bgsg wants all the competitions to fall around that time in july. 

Im open to suggestions and if anyone would like to talk about taking it over, we can do that as well. 

On 6/19/2022 at 3:11 PM, Elite Training Center KY said:

How about that commitment from the ETC guy. Who is up to the challenge?

If there’s an open division. I’m calling out that wimp from a few years back, Harrison Courtney. He was way over rated and got lucky a couple of times.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1