coachteater

Bluegras State Games- July 23rd

We have around 50 registered right now, what is about normal for this time. Usually get over half register the last week. Please get signed up and i will have more remote info out soon. Im on vacation this week, so honestly trying to relax, but if you have questions feel free to shoot me and email or text. I would be able to see numbers for ages or weights till i get home. Thx- Coach Teater

Coachteater@yahoo.com 

859-797-2105 

As of Sunday the 17th we have 80 wrestlers registered! That is a much higher number than typical going into the week of. Please keep getting registered,  and you can also register onsite Friday at Madison Central.  Below is a remote weigh in site list. If I missed any or anyone would like to host, please let me know. 

Bgsg remote weigh in sites:

Tues:

July 19

5:00-6:00

Floyd Central High School(Indiana)wrestling room.

Wednesday: 

July 20

6-8

Franklin county high school in the wrestling locker room beside the cafeteria it straight across from room 511

July 20

6:30-7:30

South oldham wrestling room 

Thursday:

July 21

12:00-1:00

Oldham Co.

Friday:

July 22

3:30-5:30

Wayne co

July 22

7-830

Woodshed wrestling club practice in NKY (Ludlow)

July 22

4:00-7:00 

Boyd Co

July 22

4:30-6:30

Thomas Nelson

Current list registered for bgsg. I usually dont like to release this info, but im hoping this will help registration. This is great numbers for us at this time, now lets get lots registered and make it a great event! 

I will make pools based on age and weight, but everyone is welcome to get matches with others not in their pool. 

Screenshot_20220718-121934_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20220718-121948_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20220718-122000_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20220718-122015_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20220718-122129_Sheets.jpg

1 hour ago, chad.greenwell said:

Did all of the ETC guys get signed up? I didn't go back and look at the call outs and who made the call outs, but was wondering if any are happening?

Several from that post are registered,  also several other high level wrestlers. Some of the names are Delis-Santos, Harris, Silva, Faucett, Meyer, Sweitzer, Lameier , Burchett, Condi, Johns, Dingess.

Whole bunch of good kids and plenty of those still learning. Should be good matches for everyone

102 pre registered as of Wednesday morning, and I know several more signing up. Thats probably the best numbers we have had pre registered. You still have 3 days to get registered, come get some matches close to home at a cheap price. 

Big thanks to all those who have reached out and are hosting remote weigh ins

110 registered as of now and had several say they are going to register.  Very good turn out so far

Don Jones will be there selling shirts and gear as well! 

Still time to get signed up online or at Madison Central tomorrow night. We are at 135 wrestlers and still more coming in. This will be one of the biggest bgsg in history, definitely the biggest in the 10 years Ive ran it

46 minutes ago, coachteater said:

Still time to get signed up online or at Madison Central tomorrow night. We are at 135 wrestlers and still more coming in. This will be one of the biggest bgsg in history, definitely the biggest in the 10 years Ive ran it

How will the weights be? Just 10 percent or will you try and make actual highschool weight classes?

I will just do pools that are as close to 10% and close in age as possible.  I do this to get everyone more matches. Like to try to have 4-6 person pools so u get 3-5 matches. 

Its not always possible,  but I do my best. 

You will also be able to get extra matches if you find someone not in your pool that would like to get a match

Almost at 160 entries this morning.  

If you are registering at Madison Central tonight or need to weigh, heres a map. Weigh in is in the main gym. This is also where wrestling will be tomorrow.  

* reminder that this is a fundraiser for Madison Central and they will be doing a $5 entry fee for spectators.  They will have concessions and Don Jones will be onsite selling shirts and gear. 

Screenshot_20220722-072104_PicCollage.jpg

Thank you to Madison Central,  wrestlers, parents, officials,  and everyone involved to make this this best bluegrass state games I can remember.  We had too level competition,  great sportsmanship,  awesome matches, and a great host. Once I get a chance to recover, I will post pools. 

I can honestly say the talent level in Ky is reaching an all time high and its showing. We had several deep pools and some phenomenal wrestling.  Thanks again. 

Wanted to post results this morning,  but they were not in my bag as I thought they were. I will have to post tonight when I get home, very sorry