gator1

KY/USA Freestyle and Greco States

13 hours ago, plantmanky1 said:

I have an idea to help this along.

1.  You need 6-8 dedicated coaches to lead this up. 

2.  You need 4 dates (3 Regional dates, 1 state date)

3.  You have 3 regional FR/GR mini camps that the end of the camp is a mini tournament, no awards or anything, but a test run.  (like one person posted, his kids were hesitant, give them a place to do a trial run)  - Maybe charge 20 bucks or something small. 

Examples:  Etown, Lexington, NKY (move them around how you need too.  

4.  Then you have the state tournament, awards the whole shebang. 

Bahahahahaha...this is sarcasm right? 

• Downvote 2

38 minutes ago, GooglyMoogly said:

Bahahahahaha...this is sarcasm right? 

He's just putting an idea out there, clearly, you don't like it but it's better than nothing. Personally, I am not against this.

2 minutes ago, pin4thewin said:

He's just putting an idea out there, clearly, you don't like it but it's better than nothing. Personally, I am not against this.

It's a great idea.  We are doing a pretty close version of it this year.  We don't have 6-8 dedicated coaches, but that is not for a lack of trying. 

March 27th - FS/GR Mini Camp @ Bellarine (Session 1 - Technique, Session 2 - Minimal Technique/Mostly Live) 32 male wrestlers attended

April 23rd - FS/GR Mini Camp @ Bellarmine (Session 1 - Technique, Session 2 - Minimal Technique/Mostly Live) 30 male wrestlers attended

April 30th - FS/GR State @ Taylor County 114 Total wrestlers attended

June 5th - FS/GR Mini Camp @ Bellarmine (Session 1 - Technique, Session 2 - Minimal Technique/Mostly Live)

The flyer with this information was sent out and posted multiple times.  It was handed to the majority of coaches at the high school and middle school/youth state tournaments.  

We had 50 different male wrestlers attend the two camps. The opportunity is there.  I have seen it work in other states so that is why we are doing it this way here.  

Bottom line is...COACHES DRIVE PARTICIPATION IN THE OFFSEASON! If coaches aren't involved then the vast majority of wrestlers aren't either. 

24 minutes ago, GooglyMoogly said:

It's a great idea.  We are doing a pretty close version of it this year.  We don't have 6-8 dedicated coaches, but that is not for a lack of trying. 

March 27th - FS/GR Mini Camp @ Bellarine (Session 1 - Technique, Session 2 - Minimal Technique/Mostly Live) 32 male wrestlers attended

April 23rd - FS/GR Mini Camp @ Bellarmine (Session 1 - Technique, Session 2 - Minimal Technique/Mostly Live) 30 male wrestlers attended

April 30th - FS/GR State @ Taylor County 114 Total wrestlers attended

June 5th - FS/GR Mini Camp @ Bellarmine (Session 1 - Technique, Session 2 - Minimal Technique/Mostly Live)

The flyer with this information was sent out and posted multiple times.  It was handed to the majority of coaches at the high school and middle school/youth state tournaments.  

We had 50 different male wrestlers attend the two camps. The opportunity is there.  I have seen it work in other states so that is why we are doing it this way here.  

Bottom line is...COACHES DRIVE PARTICIPATION IN THE OFFSEASON! If coaches aren't involved then the vast majority of wrestlers aren't either. 

Oh my bad, I took it that you didn't like it. ;) 

2 hours ago, GooglyMoogly said:

For the record, I was there the first session with my son and it was a great experience.  I'll be encouraging all our off-season wrestlers to attend in June.  I hope other coaches will as well.