Sign in to follow this  
coachlawson

Memorable banquet awards

I am looking for ideas for some memorable banquet awards for my wrestlers. We do the usual Awards like the most outstanding wrestler, most improved, and academic awards but I am looking for something to give the kids that didn't get much mat time.  If you have any ideas please leave them below. 

We give a coaches award we call it the Panther Award it has been given in the past to kids that just always show up for anything and everything we ask of them. Even when they dont have to, or to a kid who just works extra hard even though he isnt a starter or even good but encourages others by the fight he or she has and the way they work to better themselves and others. You pick the kid or kids in some years that you think deserve something even though they didnt win matches. We usually sit around as coaches and ask the question who would you pick and why then as a staff we vote on who is most deserving or do we give out 2 of them and why. This year we have 2 one for a young lady who has worked hard even though she was the only female and had to have back surgery but gave it all. The second to a kid we just knew would never make it the first week but is still here and has more fight in him than any kid we have now we just have to teach him how to wrestle. 

We have 2:

Falcon Award: "demonstrating a true commitment to the Falcon team and the sport of wrestling by setting the example of hard work, integrity, and sportsmanship throughout the entire season."

Also the Coach Marshall Patterson Memorial Coaches Award: This award is awarded to the wrestler that was a no nonsense person who came to work hard everyday and Sacrificed himself for the betterment of the team. This individual did not cut corners and represented the Fort Campbell wrestling program with integrity. 

I started the 2nd one when Coach P passed away as a way to honor the first head coach for Fort Campbell.