Sign in to follow this  
coachteater

FREE COACHES CLINIC! April 23rd at Bellarmine University

Big announcement! The KYWCA is happy to partner with the NWCA and United States Marines to bring the Scholastic Ceo Leadership Academy! 

This will be held April 23rd at Bellarmine University. Big thanks to Coach Ned Shuck on providing a great facility for our event. 

Get registered today at the link below, if you have any questions feel free to reach out to Coach Teater at coachteater@yahoo.com 

https://www.nwcaonline.com/news-events/events/sla_ky22/

Screenshot_20220323-104552_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Make sure to get registered,  this will be a great event. We would like to invite ms coaches as well as all hs coaches. Get registered and share with with fellow coaches

Don't miss the chance to join us at the National Wrestling Coaches Association Scholastic CEO Leadership Academy, April 23rd at Bellarmine University! We are excited to be coming back to Kentucky and happy to be bringing Coach Dae Crowell, the legendary coach, from Nazareth High School in Pennsylvania to lead the academy. This is free to all coaches. We encourage you to register and bring your coaching staff with you. 

Yours in Wrestling,

Bud Hennebaul

National Wrestling Coaches Association 

Director of Scholastic Leadership Academies 

Wresting coaches, get signed up today! Saturday's clinic is going to be one you dont want to miss. Come out to Bellarmine University for the NWCA scholastic leadership academy with Coach Dave Crowell.

This is a FREE event and the KYWCA will be providing lunch! Get registered at the link below

https://www.nwcaonline.com/news-events/events/sla_ky22/

Need another good reason to come to the Ceo leadership academy?

Thunder over Louisville is also this Saturday! 

Make it a whole day out of it. Come get an amazing day of wrestling knowledge dropped on you, then head downtown for fireworks! Its going to be a beautiful day and the thunder celebration is always a great time. 

Heck, bring the family up and while you do training, let them have fun. Then meet up after 3 and enjoy the fireworks that evening.  

Remember its free and we are providing lunch. Get registered today!

Wrestling coaches, lets talk. So  I constantly hear coaches complaining about recruiting and getting kids. I hear every year about lossing kids. Its always asked how do I deal with parents, with kids, how can I build my program to be a like so and so who wins. I constantly hear these questions and hear we need to do more and do better to make Kentucky wresting better. 

That being said, your coaches association is bringing in a top level high school coach to lead a training for FREE, providing lunch and is at a d1 college with wresting,  yet we cant get coaches to come. Theres around 300 hs coaches in Kentucky and right now only around 20 have registered for the ceo leadership academy.  

We ask our kids to step up and wrestle off season, to go to tournaments,  go to camps, lift, and condition, but what are are you doing to to better yourself for your wrestlers,  your program, and wresting as a whole in Kentucky?

Its frustrating to get called out as a low end wresting state, but when we try to help improve that, no one wants to participate. 

Love it or hate it, there is my 2 cents, take it for what its worth. I will continue to try everything I can to improve Kentucky wresting and provide opportunities for coaches to be successful.  

Scotty Teater 
KYWCA President