DrBaker

Middle school state > high school

Here's another picture.

very much a larger dungeon vibe. 

only issue I can see is hotels in the area. 

but for a venue to meet the needs of wrestling and the growth with girls sanctioning looming. This venue had the spacing, available mat spacing and potential accommodations.

9B32957F-F4DD-4F45-8954-B6EC7932F1C7.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Great looking venue, but let's be honest the KHSAA is NOT going to host any Championship anywhere they would be required to sleep somewhere other than their own beds. God forbid they do something in the best interests of anyone but themselves. JS

21 hours ago, joemfs said:

Hard Work!!!

I'm sure you're very proud of your kid and you have every reason to be, but you don't have to post it on a thread of reasons why we need to fix high school state.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

Sure he does.

Why Not?

Kills two birds with one stone? 

Keep em commin Joemfs

It looks to me like nobody else likes it either. My point is this is not a thread to brag about your kids results at state.

Screenshot 2022-03-14 12.03.01 PM.png

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, pin4thewin said:

I'm sure you're very proud of your kid and you have every reason to be, but you don't have to post it on a thread of reasons why we need to fix high school state.

What you said…..and I’ll add my two cents. Don’t come on here and hijack a thread…..especially when this kid is a repeat 8th grader (home schooled but none the less a repeat) and technically shouldn’t have been permitted to wrestle. Also, age wise he turns 16 on August 1st. You can IMO be proud of the hard work but considering you’re wrestling kids you shouldn’t be and kids wayyyyy younger you have nothing to brag about. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, JHamBCalumni said:

What you said…..and I’ll add my two cents. Don’t come on here and hijack a thread…..especially when this kid is a repeat 8th grader (home schooled but none the less a repeat) and technically shouldn’t have been permitted to wrestle. Also, age wise he turns 16 on August 1st. You can IMO be proud of the hard work but considering you’re wrestling kids you shouldn’t be and kids wayyyyy younger you have nothing to brag about. 

I agree, everybody else on that podium is 13 or just turned 14.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

As far as the venue the place was really nice. My parents got a hotel the day before and was 5 mins away from arena of course they were super expensive also not the nicest place but got one. The problem I see is the internet was horrible with way to many delays and its not Lexington so wont be happening as stated before. In saying that I find it funny the Dungeon was mentioned on this thread because I told my assistant coach it reminded me of Frankfort in a lot of ways. As for the Middle School tourney I think it was a good location to have it just need to work out the internet problems, the communication on weigh-in issues could have been better and the food had very limited choices. All which are easy fixes I would think.  Again I was pleasantly surprised.

18 minutes ago, joemfs said:

Screenshot_20220314-152719_Gallery.jpg

Is that Beric Jordan?  Is that your son?  He’s a a monster wrestler. George is very good too.  

the Internet was an issue but alotnof that could be fixed easily with a huge bout board. Similar to what is used at Bristol Brawl. Food wasn’t great but had several options to run out and grab something Easily unlike broadbent. I would like to keep having it here.  It felt like state unlike High school. 

We need Alex Green to handle the music and mic though. He really did a great job at Pikeville. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, JHamBCalumni said:

What is the rule for ages?

2 hours ago, bestmistake33 said:

What is the rule for ages?

Don’t know but the kid from Paducah got kicked out and he’s younger than the george kid. 

I’ve seen crying on here and crying on Facebook. Don’t say a kid shouldn’t have been there or this is unfair. The rules clearly say what they say. You may not like it, but it is what it is. I have issues with some of the rules, but it’s not the kids fault. Dad or coach says wrestle, go out and wrestle. If the kid is within the rules, awesome job by kid, Dad and Coach. I don’t have a dog in the fight, but if a rule is a rule, I’ll stand by these kids (KIDS) all day long. You as an adult don’t like the rules, guess what, you have the power to change them. If you can’t change them, then quit crying. You got out voted. Little bad asses are going to continue kicking “lil” Johnny’s ass every year. Suck it up. Go to camp. Nobody pays attention to youth or middle school championships anyways. It’s a trophy for parents. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

8 hours ago, JHamBCalumni said:

Where did he come from? He wrestled at state for Carr Academy last year.