Sign in to follow this  
gator1

State Seeding Meeting

When is the seeding meeting?  Has info been sent yet?

Also, what is the official seeding criteria?  It would be best to make sure that's clear before the meeting to avoid long arguments.  

Criteria has always been what’s below:

1) Current year head to head

2) Returning State Placer 

3) Returning qualifier

4) Record

5) Common Opponent

Obviously you can dig into each criteria a little more (ex.  A returning regional champ should be over a returning qualifier who placed 3rd).  It’s pretty cut and dry for the most part, but last year we had someone bring up a youth win from two years prior at 75 lbs lol.  In my experience it usually goes pretty smooth when sticking to this criteria.

That's why I was asking.  What you listed makes sense, but it's a little different than the bylaws.

Tier I: Head to head matches in the current season

Tier II: Common opponents in the current season

Tier III: Placement at common tournaments in the current season (at the seeding weight class)

Tier IV: Placement in the MS State Tournament in the prior season

Tier V: Vote by Coaches of seeded wrestlers with ties to broken by of Board Members

My main question is regarding tier IV.  Whether placement means just that they placed, or do we necessarily have to go with the higher placement even when they were in different weight classes.  Because taking 2nd in a weaker weight class the year before might not be more impressive than taking 4th in a tougher weight class the prior year.  So would this go to a Tier V vote?  Because the bylaws don't explain this any further.  

31 minutes ago, gator1 said:

That's why I was asking.  What you listed makes sense, but it's a little different than the bylaws.

Tier I: Head to head matches in the current season

Tier II: Common opponents in the current season

Tier III: Placement at common tournaments in the current season (at the seeding weight class)

Tier IV: Placement in the MS State Tournament in the prior season

Tier V: Vote by Coaches of seeded wrestlers with ties to broken by of Board Members

My main question is regarding tier IV.  Whether placement means just that they placed, or do we necessarily have to go with the higher placement even when they were in different weight classes.  Because taking 2nd in a weaker weight class the year before might not be more impressive than taking 4th in a tougher weight class the prior year.  So would this go to a Tier V vote?  Because the bylaws don't explain this any further.  

We have always gone with the high placement. We can’t set down and determine what’s a weaker or stronger weight class. That would be based on opinions. 

It's tonight at 8.  Although I have been a middle school coach for years, I have multiple regional champs that need to be seeded, and I am on every wrestling email distribution list that I am aware of, somehow I did not receive this information.  Luckily someone noticed and sent it to me.

If someone from KYWC can please tell me what distribution list was used and how middle school coaches can make sure they're on it, that would be greatly appreciated.  

Only Coaches with Regional Champions will receive the invite as they are the only kids with seeding criteria. Its always a good idea to check junk/spam folders as well. Checked mine this morning and that’s where I found it.

As I said, I've been coaching for years and I've been invited in the past.  I have 3 regional champs that need to be seeded, yet didn't get the email.  It was forwarded to me and I definitiely was not on the distribution list.  

I'd love to find out where they keep this list of coaches and where/how we can update it.  

18 minutes ago, gator1 said:

As I said, I've been coaching for years and I've been invited in the past.  I have 3 regional champs that need to be seeded, yet didn't get the email.  It was forwarded to me and I definitiely was not on the distribution list.  

I'd love to find out where they keep this list of coaches and where/how we can update it.  

I sent you a private message with my phone number. I’ve got the original distribution list and would like to double check the list to look for errors with emails etc.

1 hour ago, gator1 said:

I sent you a private message with my phone number. I’ve got the original distribution list and would like to double check the list to look for errors with emails etc.

Would you be willing to call me, share your 3 region champs or even share what region your in so I can try to investigate as to who you are and why you didn’t get the invitation. I’m really trying to be helpful and make sure all the invitations get to the right people but it makes it difficult if I don’t have your information. 

• Upvote 1