Sign in to follow this  
gator1

KFWC Bylaws

It's become abundantly clear that the KFWC is running out of control.  Rules are being changed, teams are being realigned without votes, fees are increasing without approval, state flyers are released late and with bad and conflicting information, and the board has gone radio silent.  I probably would too, if I found myself in this much chaos.  

I'd also like to say that my criticism is out of concern for the health and development of KY wrestling.  I see talented hardworking kids putting in just as much work as surrounding states, and I want them to have just as high an experience as those in OH, IN, PA and other states.  And these states take their youth and middle school wrestling very seriously.  

We have bylaws written as a guideline to keep us in check, help us maintain consistency from year to year and board to board, to avoid making old mistakes (and new), and to guide future generations through amendments.  But none of that is happening now.  In my time working with KFWC, I've never seen things so bad.  I'd like to raise my concerns here, and I'd like to encourage our president or other board members to speak up and give us confidence that this organization hasn't lost all credibility.  If the bylaws are not suitable, then they should be amended.  They should not be ignored.  

Here is a list of bylaws that I see being ignored to the detriment of Kentucky Wrestling.  

Bylaw 1.C
Every team must electronically sign the KFWC Bylaw acknowledgement form by December 17 th of the current season. 

But according to President Mondell Hunter in an email on 2/9/22 at 8:08 AM, he states:
"We will not require you to sign the by laws like the previous years. We just need the coaches cards verified."

Explanation:
There isn't one.  I'm curious if the reason we're not signing the bylaws anymore is because we're not actually following them?

Bylaw 3, 3.A:
The KFWC will hold two statewide meetings annually. The meetings shall be held on the 3rd  Sunday in April & the  3rd   Sunday in September each year. Meeting site shall be located centrally within the state of Kentucky at a public location adequate in size. The time and specific location of meetings shall be announced on KFWC website (http://www.kentuckyusawrestling.org/page/show/1031369-middle-school-elementary) at a minimum of 30 days in advance. The KFWC president shall send out email notification to all member teams 1 month in advance, provided a valid email address is on file with the KFWC.  

All proposals will be approved at the Spring coaches meeting. Proposals that are accepted by more than      50% of teams present will be voted on at the fall coaches meeting. Teams will have the ability to vote by assigning a proxy (another member coach who will be present during the meeting) in writing prior to the meeting. All proxy designations must be submitted to the KFWC’s email (kentuckyFWC@gmail.com      )  with the assigned proxy coach copied on the correspondence 7 days prior to the state-wide meetings. All proposals must get more than 50% of the vote to be accepted. KFWC officers will receive 1 additional vote in the event of a tie. KFWC officers will post meeting notes and voting results to the Committee’s website. Member teams are responsible to keep current with information posted on the KFWC website 

During the Fall meeting, a small minority of coaches voted 13-12 to move the middle school season (in violation of Bylaw MS-10 and with no amendment).  It was not originally proposed in the Spring meeting as required.  Nor was the meeting published on the website listed above, nor was it scheduled 30 days in advance.  It was advertised by email only, and sent out with a few days notice.  And then anyone pushing back on the decision was told they should have been at this meeting that was not properly advertised.

Bylaw MS-10
As the KFWC season ends 2 weeks prior than KHSAA season, the first organized practice shall not occur prior to October 1. 

Of course, the season does NOT end 2 weeks prior to KHSAA anymore. It now ends over a month later than it used to, but the first organized practice was not pushed back.  Nor were the  first competitions.  I suggest we either remove this from the bylaws, or follow it.  

Bylaw MS-17.A

Each participating team will receive 2 free coach’s passes that will allow them access to the competition floor area. Teams will be allowed to request for 2 additional coaches passes should they have more than 8 wrestlers competing. All Coach’s passes must be for approved coaches with valid USA Coaches Cards. 

In the meeting minutes from 12/5, this was changed.  Then when challenged, in an email from Kelly Castle on 2/28, we are told to ignore the flyer, ignore the 12/5 meeting minutes, but instead plan to follow the bylaws. Sounds good. Can we plan to follow the bylaws everywhere else also?

Bylaw Y-7.C

Entry Fees are $16 per wrestler, no team maximum'

This is being ignored.  No amendment was made to the bylaws, but the price changed anyways.  I suggest we follow the bylaws, or amend them to remove the restriction.  

• Upvote 5

gator1

Nevermind: apparently it's ok to just let anyone wrestle MS. You have an undefeated High school State Champion who's in Middle School- to heck with it let him wrestle. You have a repeat 8th grader, Spend $30 to object to it and submit a complaint to the President, but he still gets to wrestle. How about this: throw out the By-Laws that you are clearly not going to pay attention to and just let anyone wrestle. What a bunch of BS. Sour Grapes much Yes.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Someone needs to be contacted and made aware. Does anyone know contact information for those above President Hunter ? I will begin an email chain tonight and start making phone calls tomorrow myself. We just started into this sport and I would like to fully support it by making those if authority aware of the chaos occurring. I’m sure fines and penalties will be enforced if we all come together to get it done. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, BaxterBigD said:

Someone needs to be contacted and made aware. Does anyone know contact information for those above President Hunter ? I will begin an email chain tonight and start making phone calls tomorrow myself. We just started into this sport and I would like to fully support it by making those if authority aware of the chaos occurring. I’m sure fines and penalties will be enforced if we all come together to get it done. 

check your inbox.

12 hours ago, naplesme said:

gator1

Nevermind: apparently it's ok to just let anyone wrestle MS. You have an undefeated High school State Champion who's in Middle School- to heck with it let him wrestle. You have a repeat 8th grader, Spend $30 to object to it and submit a complaint to the President, but he still gets to wrestle. How about this: throw out the By-Laws that you are clearly not going to pay attention to and just let anyone wrestle. What a bunch of BS. Sour Grapes much Yes.

I understand the frustration. I for one think they should just ban high school state placers from middle school. However that is not the rule.  Yes there are two monsters in there that hasn’t lost in high school. I don’t think they have lost in a few years. Now i don’t know of any repeat 8th graders. At least not any that had a complaint filed against them. Some one filed a complaint against a kid with a lot of wrong information in it. That kid was not a repeat 8th grader.