gator1

Middle School Regions Seeding

Have any seeding meetings been scheduled yet?  I haven't seen anything for Region 2.  I'm wondering how the other regions are looking, or if it's just us that seem to be well behind schedule.  

25 minutes ago, wildcatswrestling said:

Wasn't entering your MS team locked last night, if so Johnson Central is still not entered.

Woodford isnt entered either. But I think they have till today at noon. 

I have a feeling that would be the opposite as hard as some people are trying to keep some of their kids from wrestling right now. Harrison co isn’t entered into their weights. 

1 minute ago, WVhighlander said:

I have a feeling that would be the opposite as hard as some people are trying to keep some of their kids from wrestling right now. Harrison co isn’t entered into their weights. 

If they don't get in then that would be huge in the team race.

9 minutes ago, WVhighlander said:

Harrison co isn’t entered into their weights. 

I don't know what is going on with them since they do have a team listed.

50 minutes ago, wrestling78 said:

I'm not sure, not anyone on my team. Lots of people in high school took it throughout the state, in middle school I don't think it was as many.

I think there are more than you think. Most people just don’t know they did. 

3 minutes ago, wrestling78 said:

I'm not sure, not anyone on my team. Lots of people in high school took it throughout the state, in middle school I don't think it was as many.

I'm pretty sure COVID years aren't allowed for Middle School.  According to the KWFC meeting minutes from 12/5:

II. New Business
a. Repeat Year – USA Wrestling Policy does not recognize repeat year. A full
state tournament was provided last year so there is no deficiency to
replace/repeat.

3 minutes ago, WVhighlander said:

I think there are more than you think. Most people just don’t know they did. I made a list last night and it was quite a bit. Jc had one. He just happens to be really good and someone’s dad didn’t want him to wrestle his son. They didn’t realize they won’t be in the same class. 

Who? - nvm

12 minutes ago, gator1 said:

I'm pretty sure COVID years aren't allowed for Middle School.  According to the KWFC meeting minutes from 12/5:

II. New Business
a. Repeat Year – USA Wrestling Policy does not recognize repeat year. A full
state tournament was provided last year so there is no deficiency to
replace/repeat.

When was this meeting. 12/05/2021 or 2020

12 minutes ago, WVhighlander said:

When was this meeting. 12/05/2021 or 2020

2021.  It's the same one where they increased the entry fees to $30.

Guess all those 16 year old COVID 8th graders are out of luck?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, gator1 said:

2021.  It's the same one where they increased the entry fees to $30.

Guess all those 16 year old COVID 8th graders are out of luck?

I don’t know any 16 year olds. Because the covid bill didn’t waive the age requirements. Additionally I don’t know if they can retro actively disqualify them from competition. 

Let’s just be honest and keep it 100. If you are 15 or almost 16, whatever, in MS in 8th grade, like that’s just a shame unless you’re special needs. I get it happens in eastern KY probably more than anywhere in the state but it’s shameful, unless your child legitimately needs an extra year academically. There should be some more criteria for this. But that’s not the fault of the parents it’s fault of the governing body. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WVhighlander said:

I don’t know any 16 year olds. Because the covid bill didn’t waive the age requirements. Additionally I don’t know if they can retro actively disqualify them from competition. 

Repeat years have always been a no go in Middle School, it's in the By-Laws every head coach signs at the beginning of the season. Covid repeat year or not, a student repeating a grade, is able to wrestle during regular season, non- USA Wrestling events, but are not allowed to participate in Post season or regular season USA wresting events.

4 hours ago, naplesme said:

Repeat years have always been a no go in Middle School, it's in the By-Laws every head coach signs at the beginning of the season. Covid repeat year or not, a student repeating a grade, is able to wrestle during regular season, non- USA Wrestling events, but are not allowed to participate in Post season or regular season USA wresting events.

I wonder if this has changed and no one was alerted. Wouldn’t be the first time KFWC has done some things under the radar and not anyone know. Any insight? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JHamBCalumni said:

Let’s just be honest and keep it 100. If you are 15 or almost 16, whatever, in MS in 8th grade, like that’s just a shame unless you’re special needs. I get it happens in eastern KY probably more than anywhere in the state but it’s shameful, unless your child legitimately needs an extra year academically. There should be some more criteria for this. But that’s not the fault of the parents it’s fault of the governing body. 

What if their parents think they need another year athletically.   I personally know alot more kids that get 100% of their tuition paid for through athletes than academics.  Nothing shameful about it.  No denying it helps so why not do it.  

3 hours ago, BrandonBrooks28 said:

What if their parents think they need another year athletically.   I personally know alot more kids that get 100% of their tuition paid for through athletes than academics.  Nothing shameful about it.  No denying it helps so why not do it.  

Then go to a prep school focus on sports and get that extra year.