Sign in to follow this  
Lowsingle

Youth State Tournament Prices

Just saw the prices for middle/youth state tournament and they seem a little outrageous for a youth wrestling tournament. Imagine being a family of 5 who has two wrestlers and a younger sibling coming to watch their brothers wrestle.  Just for a single day they would pay $110 just to get in the door and wrestle. Not to mention hotel, food and travel costs. The bylaws posted show that registration fees were set at $16 per wrestler. Are there any minutes showing that the entry fee price was changed (almost doubled) and voted on? I’m not sure why we are causing financial hardship on parents just to get their kids into the state tournament. 

5A282FFD-817D-4F38-99CA-D4C1B5DF3A2E.png

CAE4EE68-CC8B-4EEE-A310-8B01F7964BC3.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lowsingle said:

Just saw the prices for middle/youth state tournament and they seem a little outrageous for a youth wrestling tournament. Imagine being a family of 5 who has two wrestlers and a younger sibling coming to watch their brothers wrestle.  Just for a single day they would pay $110 just to get in the door and wrestle. Not to mention hotel, food and travel costs. The bylaws posted show that registration fees were set at $16 per wrestler. Are there any minutes showing that the entry fee price was changed (almost doubled) and voted on? I’m not sure why we are causing financial hardship on parents just to get their kids into the state tournament. 

5A282FFD-817D-4F38-99CA-D4C1B5DF3A2E.png

CAE4EE68-CC8B-4EEE-A310-8B01F7964BC3.jpeg

It’s crazy.I seen they said it was voted on. Well where was the meeting who voted for it ?? How come everyone just now finding out ?? Sounds like some people need voted out 

• Upvote 1

Bylaws are the rules we follow if they can change this without everyone knowing  until the last moment what else can they change.. im worried for the direction wrestling is going in the state it seem to be more of a money making thing other than for the kids .. the kfwc need to be more transparent and put out more info on meetings and update their minutes if they did have some sort of meeting to approve this kinda things … this isn’t decisions that should be made be a couple of people this effects thousands of kids 

• Upvote 2

I’m worried about families not being able to afford to compete in post season. I personally know one family that consist of mother, father, middle school wrestler, youth wrestler and sibling This is their costs:

mother $30 two day pass

father $30 two day pass 

sibling (15 year old) $30 two day pass

middle school wrestler $30 entry fee

youth wrestler $30 entry fee 

If the middle school wrestler does not place at the middle school state tournament he can pay another $30 to wrestle on Sunday. 

Possible Costs in entry fees and tickets $180

Add hotel, food and travel costs it could be $400-$500 weekend. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BeastMode23 said:

It’s crazy.I seen they said it was voted on. Well where was the meeting who voted for it ?? How come everyone just now finding out ?? Sounds like some people need voted out 

No one holds unannounced votes with no meeting minutes as well as the KFWC.  I'm not a cynical person but 4 years of dealing with this organization has certainly tested my resolve.  

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, gator1 said:

No one holds unannounced votes with no meeting minutes as well as the KFWC.  I'm not a cynical person but 4 years of dealing with this organization has certainly tested my resolve.  

Well that’s what I was thinking but no one has heard anything about it until a Facebook posted was made yesterday 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bluecollar103 said:

So can you post a screenshot of the email with coaches names listed and the minutes and votes since you got it please. 

Yes. Go to your inbox on December 1, 2021 at 5:51pm and you’ll find it. 

9AD95949-083F-41C0-89E7-715DD791602B.jpeg

13 minutes ago, GentleBeard said:

Yes. Go to your inbox on December 1, 2021 at 5:51pm and you’ll find it. 

9AD95949-083F-41C0-89E7-715DD791602B.jpeg

I am calling BS on it being sent out to everyone. I see your time stamp and can't argue it. But the LAST meeting numerous of coaches received was from September. The Dec meeting was never sent out to the entire state. I searched my email for 2 days over it.

I was also told today we would receive an email with a state update but yet to receive it.

im sorry it's incredibly unprofessional to say it's my fault I don't receive an email from the board. It's the responsibility of kfwc to notify the entire state in multiple platforms. If distribution is an issue then maybe it needs to be reviewed of the way things are distributed instead of make an excuse saying it's been put out it's your fault you missed it. I'll plead ignorance if I missed it but when I call 6 different coaches from different parts of the states asking for info and they don't have it. That's an issue.

10 minutes ago, halfhalfhalf said:

I am calling BS on it being sent out to everyone. I see your time stamp and can't argue it. But the LAST meeting numerous of coaches received was from September. The Dec meeting was never sent out to the entire state. I searched my email for 2 days over it.

I was also told today we would receive an email with a state update but yet to receive it.

im sorry it's incredibly unprofessional to say it's my fault I don't receive an email from the board. It's the responsibility of kfwc to notify the entire state in multiple platforms. If distribution is an issue then maybe it needs to be reviewed of the way things are distributed instead of make an excuse saying it's been put out it's your fault you missed it. I'll plead ignorance if I missed it but when I call 6 different coaches from different parts of the states asking for info and they don't have it. That's an issue.

Your email was listed on the email that got sent to 67 coaches as well as the link to all the coaches associated with the KYMWR list serve.

8 hours ago, GentleBeard said:

Your email was listed on the email that got sent to 67 coaches as well as the link to all the coaches associated with the KYMWR list serve.

I know I did receive that email , even though I haven’t been a middle school coach for 5 or 6 years.  I didn’t attend the meeting.

I think the more important point is that the bylaws no longer matter.  Meeting minutes are our new constitution.  

I feel sorry for the younger generation on wrestlers coming through this organization.  I've coached youth and middle school for the past 6 years and watched us degrade year over year.  

2 hours ago, gator1 said:

I think the more important point is that the bylaws no longer matter.  Meeting minutes are our new constitution.  

I feel sorry for the younger generation on wrestlers coming through this organization.  I've coached youth and middle school for the past 6 years and watched us degrade year over year.  

The decline started rapidly once the State Tourney got moved from Broadbent. The talk about shifting the season, and the overall quality of the event and middle school wrestling in general has taken taken steps back since then.