Ranger123

2022 Ranger Report Part 1

Ok, before I head to the hotel I am posting part 1.  Never enough hours in the day to fully do this to the level I would like, but it is what it is.  Best years were when Dutch was helping me out.  Part 2 will include more of the historical stats.

See you guys at GRC and good luck!

2022 Ranger Report Part 1.pdf

. "And even though I hate Harrison County and never give their kids the credit they deserve, I have picked Funkhouser to make the podium."

I couldnt tell if you were being serious here or referencing the conversation that happened about a month ago? LOL

Just to make it clear:

1) I graduated from Harrison County

2) I have very close family that is a big part of the program

3) I also have good friends that are big parts of the program

4) Rick Dingus who is the founder of that program is my hero

4 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Some people weren’t here for that blurb about you hating Harrison Co. lol. 

There were some high powered matchups

Ranger….. Just keep doing what your doing

You are doing a great job, and Killing it !!

• Upvote 1

No issues, Like I have said before: you do a wonderful job. I just found it funny the quote I mentioned due to the conversations from about a month ago. I have heard nothing but good things about you. 

• Upvote 1

2. Johnson Central  (2 finalists, 1 champ, 10 placers)

Great job with the rankings again Ranger.  Johnson Central finished in 2nd place with 2 finalists, 1 champ, and 10 placers.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, VisionQuest said:

2. Johnson Central  (2 finalists, 1 champ, 10 placers)

Great job with the rankings again Ranger.  Johnson Central finished in 2nd place with 2 finalists, 1 champ, and 10 placers.

Great great season for that team!  Overcame a ton. I know Coach Matney was smiling down on them this weekend and could not be more proud of the effort those boys and coaches gave. 

36 minutes ago, Chris Duke said:

It’s already finished.  Track wrestling has all the results. 

I know that states was yesterday, I was there, but I was wondering about a post-season ranking. Thats why I said post state.

On 2/24/2022 at 6:52 PM, Ranger123 said:

Ok, before I head to the hotel I am posting part 1.  Never enough hours in the day to fully do this to the level I would like, but it is what it is.  Best years were when Dutch was helping me out.  Part 2 will include more of the historical stats.

See you guys at GRC and good luck!

2022 Ranger Report Part 1.pdf

First off Ranger you do a phenomenal job!!! With out you none of this would be possible! On behalf of the Entire state we all thank you and appreciate the countless hours you put into this! I have the utmost respect for you but my concerns are with the Kentucky athletic association! My prior comment might of been mocked at the time but 6 out of 8 placers did come from Semi State 1 so I wasn’t far off my prediction! All I was saying is without seeding we aren’t always getting the best kids from top to bottom 

• Upvote 3

I just wanted to take a moment and say "thank you" to Ranger for compiling rankings throughout the season. I took a few minutes this morning to compare the actual placements to his rankings and he is pretty close to being spot on in most weight classes. Of course, there were some upsets and injuries that derailed some of the top-ranked kids which are to be expected. I am really appreciative of what he does and am amazed at just how accurate he is.

I also compared SS1 to SS2 placers. Out of 112 placers 57 came from SS1 while 55 came from SS2. Some brackets like 106 heavily favored SS2 while others like 150 heavily favored SS1. Overall the placements were almost split evenly between the 2 sides of the state. 

state placements.pdf