Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2021-22 Rankings - February 22

Final ranking of the 2021-22 season.  After some exciting action at the two semistate locations there were a number of shake-ups in the rankings including a couple of new #1s.  By taking the top 8 from each half of the state it looks like the final round state brackets will be as competitive as we have ever seen with great matches at every weight class in round 1.

This final ranking reflects the results from the semistate matches.  I was a little inconsistent in dealing with scratches and injuries, but there were so many that it was difficult to figure out who to remove and how to interpret some default results.  Either way, this is where things stand as we head into the final state event.

In the next few days, I will produce the Ranger report that uses the rankings to predict state placement and team finish.

Stay healthy this week and good luck to all this weekend! 

Rankings_21_22_0222.pdf

Ranger thank you for doing these. It's something that kids and parents look forward to all year. 

I know it's beyond dual season, but I have always been curious. What's the algorithm for Duals rankings?

1 minute ago, WrasslinCoach said:

Ranger thank you for doing these. It's something that kids and parents look forward to all year. 

I know it's beyond dual season, but I have always been curious. What's the algorithm for Duals rankings?

It is a simplified process based on the individual rankings.  #1 v #2 would give the #1 team 3 points for the decision.  If there is a larger difference in the rankings, say #1 v #9 then it's a major, or #1 v #20 it's a tech or pin.