Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2021-22 Rankings - February 16

Exciting week of regional action.  Next up the new and improved semi-state.  Well somewhat improved.  If only they seeded the brackets appropriately.  

We will see how this week plays out, but I have Union building a slight gap on Ryle and Johnson Central.  But SS1 is a little deeper, so maybe things level out heading into the final weekend.  On the other hand Ryle and JC will be going head to head in SS2 so who knows how this will play out.  We'll all know in a few short days.

Hopefully everyone is able to show respect for their competitors and fans this week.  But I won't hold my breath.

Rankings_21_22_0216.pdf

Thank you again, Ranger for putting this out. I'm looking forward to the Ranger Report, if you have the time. I'll get my popcorn out and wait for the, "Why is so and so ranked above so and so?" comments...wait, it already started.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, HCHS123 said:

Jaxson Wallace Henderson county at 175 beat the Calloway county kid twice. But I guess we can over look him as well? Being the underdog is great! 

Pinned him Saturday. 

• Upvote 1

I would say the more I look at it neither Wallace or Powers have a lot to be ranked on.  Thanks for pointing that out, I may leave them both off this week.  And since a few of you western ky folks like rankwrestlers, they have Powers ahead of Wallace at this point.  Hmmm.

As for Poynter he has exactly 0 (that's zero) matches listed at 157 on track.  And while he had a great weekend, let's not forget his losses (a couple to unranked guys).  Those matches don't disappear from the record.  I will say he now has a couple wins over those guys mentioned and I should reevaluate that group of guys.

45 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

Pinned him Saturday. 

Yes, Wallace stuck him in the second to become a state qualifier. Where is the Callaway kid at this weekend? He is at the house where Wallace put him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Tbagnky said:

Thank you again, Ranger for putting this out. I'm looking forward to the Ranger Report, if you have the time. I'll get my popcorn out and wait for the, "Why is so and so ranked above so and so?" comments...wait, it already started.

Thank you.  Just imagine if some of these folks had real criteria to argue about like making the state finals???

9 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

I would say the more I look at it neither Wallace or Powers have a lot to be ranked on.  Thanks for pointing that out, I may leave them both off this week.  And since a few of you western ky folks like rankwrestlers, they have Powers ahead of Wallace at this point.  Hmmm.

As for Poynter he has exactly 0 (that's zero) matches listed at 157 on track.  And while he had a great weekend, let's not forget his losses (a couple to unranked guys).  Those matches don't disappear from the record.  I will say he now has a couple wins over those guys mentioned and I should reevaluate that group of guys.

You are right. His 157 matches aren’t listed on track, but the regional is on track where Jj just beat Wilson and McNeely. He has also beat them both at 165 and those matches are listed. He does have 1 loss against an unranked kid that he beat later. 

4 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

Thank you.  Just imagine if some of these folks had real criteria to argue about like making the state finals???

Imagine if these same folks tasked themselves with ranking 30 kids per weight.

1 minute ago, GentleBeard said:

Imagine if these same folks tasked themselves with ranking 30 kids per weight.

Ha Ha.  Nah, it's easier to just focus on your kid and the 20 matches they won (ignore the 10 they lost).

11 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

I could say that, but he had a bad Raider Rumble this year. Since then, his only loss is to Chis Duke's kid. I like his chances this weekend and hopefully next weekend. The Mafia will be out in force Saturday!

2 minutes ago, Tbagnky said:

I could say that, but he had a bad Raider Rumble this year. Since then, his only loss is to Chis Duke's kid. I like his chances this weekend and hopefully next weekend. The Mafia will be out in force Saturday!

What?  You mean you acknowledge a wrestler actually... LOST.

I absolutely agree.  He shows up on his game he is tough to beat by anyone.

With all due respect. Henderson put up 99 points in region 1, with a champ, 2 fourth place finishers and an alternate. They are not even on the team rankings from what I can see. 

Maybe you have a rationale. I won't pretend to know your formula.

Jj has beaten daviess County 3 times, Paducah twice, lost once to Newbie, (no excuses) newbie was ranked. 

But rankings are silly, they are fun to talk about. Let's let wrestling talk for itself. That's how you build a culture. 

Wrestling is about growing. During the season, if my boys lose to some guys and get better....thats awesome....I care about seedings, placement, and advancement and I'll argue those, if need be. If ranger123 doesn't think any Henderson wrestlers have even a chance at a fraction of a point at the state meet, that's his prerogative, its his page....

The only thing I use this page for is to listen to chatter and see if a kid is decent before a match.

Honestly, I'm ready to wrestle saturday....Saturday.... back to the grind

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

These rankings mean a lot to these kids, not just the top 2. These small teams are working hard just to make this list. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

These rankings mean a lot to these kids, not just the top 2. These small teams are working hard just to make this list. 

I agree, for a lot of kids, it can be great motivation.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, uncleruckus said:

With all due respect. Henderson put up 99 points in region 1, with a champ, 2 fourth place finishers and an alternate. They are not even on the team rankings from what I can see. 

Maybe you have a rationale. I won't pretend to know your formula.

Jj has beaten daviess County 3 times, Paducah twice, lost once to Newbie, (no excuses) newbie was ranked. 

But rankings are silly, they are fun to talk about. Let's let wrestling talk for itself. That's how you build a culture. 

Wrestling is about growing. During the season, if my boys lose to some guys and get better....thats awesome....I care about seedings, placement, and advancement and I'll argue those, if need be. If ranger123 doesn't think any Henderson wrestlers have even a chance at a fraction of a point at the state meet, that's his prerogative, its his page....

The only thing I use this page for is to listen to chatter and see if a kid is decent before a match.

Honestly, I'm ready to wrestle saturday....Saturday.... back to the grind

Therein lies the problem.  The results are hit and miss getting posted.  So many never show up or hit the system just before region when they are "required".  For the record based on the results I have looked at today, the Daviess kid is way too high.  But like you said, it is all decided on the mat. 

Team scores are 100% based on individual rankings.  As much as people want to believe I have some extreme bias again teams with the HCHS abbreviation, I don't even touch that.  It is a simple calculation.

2 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

Therein lies the problem.  The results are hit and miss getting posted.  So many never show up or hit the system just before region when they are "required".  For the record based on the results I have looked at today, the Daviess kid is way too high.  But like you said, it is all decided on the mat. 

Team scores are 100% based on individual rankings.  As much as people want to believe I have some extreme bias again teams with the HCHS abbreviation, I don't even touch that.  It is a simple calculation.

I better go check on Henry Clay... Or was it your "hatred" of Harrison County? Maybe Henderson County too. 

1 minute ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

I better go check on Henry Clay... Or was it your "hatred" of Harrison County? Maybe Henderson County too. 

So that's why he's complaining about Henderson County, lol.