DrBaker

2017 ms 86lb bracket.

2 hours ago, GooglyMoogly said:

How many middle school post-seasons do you get? 

5. 4th-8th grade. Not eligible for more with repeat years I don’t believe. Don’t believe anyone younger than 4th grade is allowed to compete in them as well. Correct me if I am wrong. 

7 minutes ago, JHamBCalumni said:

I thought the youngest you could be to compete in middle school state was 4th grade. Maybe that changed. But still scratching my head how one is still in middle school in 2022. 

if Matney was in 4th 2017, 5th 2018, 6th 2019, 7th 2020,  8th 2021, 8th 2021 (covid repeat possibly, i dont know), there ya go. or just held bvack any of those years. Its not out of the ordinary for kids 4th- 8th to have a repeat year.

3 hours ago, coachteater said:

if Matney was in 4th 2017, 5th 2018, 6th 2019, 7th 2020,  8th 2021, 8th 2021 (covid repeat possibly, i dont know), there ya go. or just held bvack any of those years. Its not out of the ordinary for kids 4th- 8th to have a repeat year.

Matney hasn’t been held back in middle school, I believe both he and his younger brother repeated 3rd grade so he probably wrestled this one his third grade year. He’s only won middle school state the one time if I’m not mistaken but youth state several times. 

18 hours ago, VisionQuest said:

There was no grade limit for middle school for quite a few years.  I know one for sure who placed at 65 lbs as a 2nd grader.

It changed from no minimum age limit I’m guessing about 6 or 7 years ago. But any kid who had competed in MS prior to the raising of the minimum grade to 4th, was grandfathered in and allowed to continue competing. 

On 2/8/2022 at 2:18 PM, Chris Duke said:

I’m not sure when it changed.  Noah is was a middle school state alt in the 2nd grade and qualified as a 4th grader.  

I’m not sure when it changed either but Blue wrestled in middle school state in both 2nd and 3rd grade. As for Dalton he’s stayed back once not sure which grade but he’s a legal middle schooler with the way the rules are laid out.