coachteater

2022 Girls state- Postponed

It is with great disappointment, we have had to make the tough decision to postpone the Girls state wrestling championships. I did not want to make a call too early, but also cant wait any longer at this point. The weather situation is not great in Lexington, but much worse in other parts of Kentucky.

After working with several coaches from across the state and khsaa,  we have decided the best day to postpone to is Presidents Day, Monday February 21st. We will hold it at Harrison Co Middle School. While this day may not be optimal, we felt it was the best option. It was  very important to us that we did not cancel and we give these girls an opportunity to win a state title both individually and as a team.

I truly apologize for the inconvenience and it breaks my heart to have to move the date and venue. Good luck to all the rest of the season, an updated flier is attached.

Scotty Teater

KYWCA President 

It’s a shame you couldn’t find a more centralized location for a weekday tournament. Bluegrass Sportspex in Etown was a fun venue today. Keep that in mind for the future. Turn a penny loose - especially if we are going to be proud of sanctioning girls wrestling in the state. 

Hopefully we are sanctioned next year.  The Triennial survey went out a few weeks ago, I'm hoping that we had enough womens wrestling responses to get sanctioned.  Everything I've heard up to this point sounds like we are moving in the right direction with KHSAA and sactioning. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, CUTiger184 said:

Hopefully we are sanctioned next year.  The Triennial survey went out a few weeks ago, I'm hoping that we had enough womens wrestling responses to get sanctioned.  Everything I've heard up to this point sounds like we are moving in the right direction with KHSAA and sanctinoning. 

hearing the same thing too.

Question weigh-in are from 8-9 or is it by weight like the boys and they need to be there before 8 or just weigh in when team arrives before 9am. Just trying to see if need to spend the night or make the drive morning of thanks.

1 hour ago, panthers said:

Question weigh-in are from 8-9 or is it by weight like the boys and they need to be there before 8 or just weigh in when team arrives before 9am. Just trying to see if need to spend the night or make the drive morning of thanks.

You have the whole time to get weighed in