Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2021-22 Rankings - January 27

State duals week.  Won't be quite as exciting with 2 different locations going and no controversy over the big school vs small school "extra final round".  But I would expect the Ryle v Johnson Central dual to be a barnburner.  No clue how the lineups may shift around, but I have it an absolute dead heat.

The top 10 at each weight has been fairly stable and easy to figure out each week.  But 11-30 has been a total mess the last few weeks with conflicting results at most weights.

Rankings_21_22_0127.pdf

Couple of matches that must not have been reported on Track yet from last weeks Caldwell vs Union dual. 

138: Abe Fletcher (8th grade - Union) dec over Timothy Nichols (Caldwell). 
165: Gavin Ricketts (Union) dec over Dylan Walls (Caldwell). Ricketts 2-0 against Walls on the season
175: Paxton Ervin (Union) dec over Colin Walls (Caldwell). 1-1 against each other on the season

I believe Cole Sherrill (Caldwell) is 2-0 against Luke Hill (Woodford) this year.

I will have to update my Big School rankings. Thanks for the update Ranger

11 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Couple of matches that must not have been reported on Track yet from last weeks Caldwell vs Union dual. 

138: Abe Fletcher (8th grade - Union) dec over Timothy Nichols (Caldwell). 
165: Gavin Ricketts (Union) dec over Dylan Walls (Caldwell). Ricketts 2-0 against Walls on the season
175: Paxton Ervin (Union) dec over Colin Walls (Caldwell). 1-1 against each other on the season

I believe Cole Sherrill (Caldwell) is 2-0 against Luke Hill (Woodford) this year.

I will have to update my Big School rankings. Thanks for the update Ranger

Yeah I don’t think those got posted. But I have to admit I dropped the ball on this. My man Dee sent those results to me and I just failed to include them. Next week it is. 

8 minutes ago, Coach Burton said:

They are both good enough to be ranked.

Well typically there are never 2 kids ranked at one weight from the same team. I know many examples of studs that are behind other studs so they can't be ranked even though they have beaten other ranked kids.

1 minute ago, wrestling78 said:

Well typically there are never 2 kids ranked at one weight from the same team. I know many examples of studs that are behind other studs so they can't be ranked even though they have beaten other ranked kids.

It happens on occasion, when they are both good enough to be ranked.  This is not the first time and won't be the last.

• Upvote 1