Sign in to follow this  
coachlawson

Pre-season tournament.

Are there any limitations for the number of participants or matches in a pre-season tournament? I am looking to set up a pre-season tournament at Whitley County for the 2022-2023 season and I can't find anything stating any limitations other than teams can't exceed two practice meets before the first official competition. Any help on this subject would be appreciated.

59 minutes ago, coachlawson said:

Are there any limitations for the number of participants or matches in a pre-season tournament? I am looking to set up a pre-season tournament at Whitley County for the 2022-2023 season and I can't find anything stating any limitations other than teams can't exceed two practice meets before the first official competition. Any help on this subject would be appreciated.

Pre-season is limited to one 6 hour tourney or 2 3-hour either combined team practices or tourneys that dont exceed 6 hours total. This has been my understanding for years now. We had a 4 or 5 team practice this year at GRC for a 3 hour session which was great for all the kids to roll with new kids from other regions.

25 minutes ago, panthers said:

Pre-season is limited to one 6 hour tourney or 2 3-hour either combined team practices or tourneys that dont exceed 6 hours total. This has been my understanding for years now. We had a 4 or 5 team practice this year at GRC for a 3 hour session which was great for all the kids to roll with new kids from other regions.

Thank you! That helps clarify things a bit better.

Unless you are wrestling as a club, i.e. over the summer, then you can wrestle as much as you want. Now if you are wrestling a school representative then all of the above applies.