BeastMode23

Top picks for Middle School

1 hour ago, BeastMode23 said:

Well I can understand that somewhat but here is the way I see it 4th grade is not a middle schooler so why are they there in the first place should only be 6th 7th 8th just like people letting there middle school kid wrestle HighSchool then get on here an try to convince everyone that held there kid back how wrong they are just my opinion 

Here is the way MOST people see it…..why is a 15 year old in middle school? LOL LOL Imagine driving to school your freshman year LOL Y’all never cease to amaze me with this. 

Well I can understand that somewhat but here is the way I see it 4th grade is not a middle schooler so why are they there in the first place should only be 6th 7th 8th just like people letting there middle school kid wrestle HighSchool then get on here an try to convince everyone that held there kid back how wrong they are just my opinion 

Man when your right your right !!! I want to be the first to admit I’ve been wrong this whole time. It’s the fourth and fifth graders fault for wanting to seek out better competition and wrestle up in age versus the 15/16-year-old eighth graders fault for wanting to sandbag an extra year to finally win that elusive MS State title (Which means nothing in the big picture) If your kids are wanting better competition then why even bother Wrestling middle school state. My son was a (barely ) 14-year-old eighth grader last year Wrestling up to high school as well and when we thought he was going to have to choose between middle school  regionals which would forfeit him out of middle school state and high school state duals (On the same day) when asked he said I want to wrestle high school state duals because thats where the best kids are. The rules are the rules your not breaking them and nobody’s saying you are,  but come Man if you knew you were right you wouldn’t be calling everyone A Karen  or your Lets Go Brandon crap.  Let your kid go out and wrestle !! Good Luck To You Guys !!! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CoachC said:

Here are the bylaws relevant to this discussion.
They have not changed.

Screenshot_20220217-173343_Word.jpg

I don’t think anybody said that it was illegal to have a 15 year old compete. It’s clear that they are permitted to wrestle middle school level in Kentucky. The difference maker in everyone’s argument is the “held back” factor. Like I said, to each; their own…but holding a kid back that’s literally about to be eligible to get his/her drivers license this year all while potentially wrestling a 4th grader at a KFWC sanctioned event is….well, weird. 

just my two pennies 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Livingston said:

I don’t think anybody said that it was illegal to have a 15 year old compete. It’s clear that they are permitted to wrestle middle school level in Kentucky. The difference maker in everyone’s argument is the “held back” factor. Like I said, to each; their own…but holding a kid back that’s literally about to be eligible to get his/her drivers license this year all while potentially wrestling a 4th grader at a KFWC sanctioned event is….well, weird. 

just my two pennies 

Bingo coach! 

• Upvote 1

On 2/17/2022 at 4:34 PM, Sarah White said:

On 2/17/2022 at 4:34 PM, Sarah White said:

Based on the rules last year that is accurate. To my knowledge the bylaws haven’t changed. (Not arguing whether you agree with it or not, just starting the facts). Students that chose to wrestle middle school state (regardless of their age/grade) can not wrestle in youth state if they place at Middle School State. Students that compete at Middle School state but do not place can still wrestle youth state. So if your 9 year old 4th grader places at middle school regions, competes at middle school state and comes in 5th place then they are basically forfeiting their chance to compete at youth state. If you qualify at MS regions you can defer your spot for Middle School state and opt into youth state instead if you decide you prefer to wrestle youth. 

Looks like due to MS season length now the bylaws need to be adjusted is my point. Not saying I agree or disagree, just saying it should be considered universal. (Again- I’m new to all of this and learning as we go) While the above makes sense and like you said “hasn’t changed” the same is NOT in place for placing at HS state thus making the child ineligible to compete middle school state. It should be considered a universal bylaw and “grandfathered” per say when considering the child eligibility for middle school after they have placed at the high school state level. 

• Downvote 1

On 2/15/2022 at 5:00 PM, Cardinalcountry said:

It’s not just James Morris but all three “middle school” wrestlers (Smith, Matney, and Morris) that Johnson central boasts about are going to be 16 this year. However I think it’s a trend that is seen more and more in schools. You can’t really blame the youth tournaments when they go by birth years. If they went by grades, it would be ridiculous. 

Looks like the crying Martin County fan is back. 

• Downvote 2

18 hours ago, The Deputy said:

Riiiiiiiiight. If speaking facts is crying. Man, y’all eastern KY rednecks never cease to amaze me. Bro, stop dipping into the bottle you drink from LOL 

21 minutes ago, JHamBCalumni said:

Riiiiiiiiight. If speaking facts is crying. Man, y’all eastern KY rednecks never cease to amaze me. Bro, stop dipping into the bottle you drink from LOL 

Now was that very nice? It’s to early in the day for you to be already sauced and running your mouth on here snow flake. Let’s meet up next week at the state tournament. I’d like to meet you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

20 hours ago, The Deputy said:

Lol sure ok Martin County! I don’t think so country boy. No offense against Martin county but I personally would never have any need nor desire to be anywhere near there. I’m way more west where the real wrestlers are. Since you probably don’t know how to tell east from west, we will be the ones winning the most matches Saturday. See ya Deputy Dog from the podium! A little FYI on the screen name, Martin county isn’t the only school that’s cardinal bud. 

• Upvote 1

We don’t cry about older kids in Martin co.  We wrestle whoever step on that mat reguardless of age .. all our ms kids are elementary kids and they don’t care how old the other kids are I promise 

• Like 1

So does anyone have an opinion on this? Looks like due to MS season length now the bylaws need to be adjusted is my point. Not saying I agree or disagree, just saying it should be considered universal. (Again- I’m new to all of this and learning as we go) While the above makes sense and like you said “hasn’t changed” the same is NOT in place for placing at HS state thus making the child ineligible to compete middle school state. It should be considered a universal bylaw and “grandfathered” in per say when considering the child eligibility for middle school after they have placed at the high school state level. Just like if you place in middle school state deeming you ineligible for youth.

• Downvote 1

I’m not convinced that future seasons will be this long. Therefore, no need to adjust bylaws right now. I’m sure there will be a vote and I know some of us who thought the longer season was appropriate would vote differently, now, in hindsight. Live and learn. I also happen to think we should have more mature conversations and not mimic middle schoolers on the forum (though no one is stopping you). This thread was initially about picking wrestlers who are contenders. The last 3 pages are a pretty serious digression from that. 

• Upvote 3

On 2/15/2022 at 5:25 PM, 44 dad said:

Maybe in Eastern KY they are…

Nobody is knocking your kid or any of the (Hold Back Kids) but when you guys come on here talking about how proud you are for winning a MS tournament or winning/placing at a HS tournament as an  15 year old 8th grader it tends to aggravate the kids and parents who don’t hold their kids back and are truly wrestling their age or  up a weight class. You said he always wrestles up but last year at MS State he weighed in using the 2lb allowance at 113  that’s not Wrestling up… Wrestling up would be wrestling 121lb

Again not knocking your kid he’s pretty good but the best thing you guys could do is what the western part of the state does and not chime in on these arguments or not post stuff to bring the attention to it.     Good Luck to yours and all the kids this weekend and next 

First I have no dog in the fight just been coaching a long time and will say this about the age subject. If you truly do have a 8th grader that will turn 16 before he is out of the 8th grade or before his freshman year starts. That might be allowed but a little helpful info for you people that are bothered by this info or rules to know. The same kid will not be allowed to wrestle their senior year of high school as they must not turn 19 before Aug 1 of their senior year. If they are which these kids will be they are not allowed to play any high school sport with no exceptions. 

41 minutes ago, panthers said:

First I have no dog in the fight just been coaching a long time and will say this about the age subject. If you truly do have a 8th grader that will turn 16 before he is out of the 8th grade or before his freshman year starts. That might be allowed but a little helpful info for you people that are bothered by this info or rules to know. The same kid will not be allowed to wrestle their senior year of high school as they must not turn 19 before Aug 1 of their senior year. If they are which these kids will be they are not allowed to play any high school sport with no exceptions. 

None  of the kids they have mentioned will be 19 before Aug 1 there senior year 

• Upvote 1

None  of the kids they have mentioned will be 19 before Aug 1 there senior year 

If thats the case then they werent 15 to start 8th grade nor 16 did they turn during 8th grade because if they were that would make them 16 to start freshman year which is 19 for senior year. So maybe they just thought kids were 15 and 16 when they were actually 14 and 15 all good.

22 minutes ago, panthers said:

If thats the case then they werent 15 to start 8th grade nor 16 did they turn during 8th grade because if they were that would make them 16 to start freshman year which is 19 for senior year. So maybe they just thought kids were 15 and 16 when they were actually 14 and 15 all good.

Amen brother they don’t listen on here them boys just turned 15 few months back 

70- Carson Matney over Hawk Daughbaugh

75- Cody Blevins over Blake Lemaster

80- Max Nance over Marita Kinley

86- Madden Brown over Brennen East

92- Corbin Nance over Kayson White

98- Brayden Blevins over Cooper Scott

105- Jayden Raney over Micah Thompson

113- Jordyn Raney over Jayven Williams

121- James Morris over Carson Herbst

130- Boobie Leavell over Andrew Tarango

140- Abe Fletcher over Gavin Becker

152- Owen Lamer over Jax Crowe

168- Dalton Matney over DJ Wilson

190- Nick Baldwin over ?

hwt- Peyton Mayo over Colton Lewis

just guesses, interested to see where everyone plays out weight wise over the next week and a half for regionals.

• Upvote 2