75- Cody Blevins or Blake Lemaster

80- Max Nance

86- Madden Brown

92-

98- Braydan Blevins

105- Jayden Raney

113- Jordyn Raney

121- Utah Heady

Feel free to add on but most of these wrestlers have already proved their dominance at each weight in the past and this season

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Thatkywrestler said:

I don’t know much about the upper weights, but here are some of my picks: 

70- Carson Matney or Hawk Daughbaugh

75- Cody Blevins or Blake Lemaster

80- Max Nance

86- Madden Brown

92-

98- Braydan Blevins

105- Jayden Raney

113- Jordyn Raney

121- Utah Heady

Feel free to add on but most of these wrestlers have already proved their dominance at each weight in the past and this season

Thanks looks pretty close to what I have seen as well. I’ve not got to look at a lot of MS this season also I’m not sure what Dalton Matney is but he would be in there somewhere

27 minutes ago, BeastMode23 said:

Thanks looks pretty close to what I have seen as well. I’ve not got to look at a lot of MS this season also I’m not sure what Dalton Matney is but he would be in there somewhere

Like he said, he was only posting the lower weights because that's all he knows. Matney would be at 168 or 190 if I were go guess.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, wrestling78 said:

Like he said, he was only posting the lower weights because that's all he knows. Matney would be at 168 or 190 if I were go guess.

Yes that’s the same for me I don’t know the upper weights I don’t know the lower as well I have not seen many but I have seen some of the names he said 

3 hours ago, BeastMode23 said:

Yeah he would definitely be a state champ somewhere also

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lst said:

Haven’t watched much this year but Luke Thomas has been to the finals in the last 2 years. 

Yes, he has beaten braydan Blevins who I have ranked number one at 98, but he is 113 pounds and nobody is beating the raneys. If he does decide to cut, him and Blevins should be a really good match

I have similar ideas and I also haven't heard much about larger weights because my kid is smaller

70-Hawk  Daughbaugh or Peyton Fowler

75-Case Simmons

80-Jaxson Mayberry

86-Madden Brown

92-Kayson White

105-Jayden Raney

113-Jordyn Raney

121-Utah Heady

• Upvote 1

On 1/24/2022 at 10:20 AM, KYWRESTLER2021 said:

I have similar ideas and I also haven't heard much about larger weights because my kid is smaller

70-Hawk  Daughbaugh or Peyton Fowler

75-Case Simmons

80-Jaxson Mayberry

86-Madden Brown

92-Kayson White

105-Jayden Raney

113-Jordyn Raney

121-Utah Heady

That seems accurate enough, but at 70, Peyton Fowler has not placed and returning placer Carson matney will

be there so he will likely get the edge. And at 80 there is returning champion max nance and jaxson Mayberry has not placed

3 hours ago, Thatkywrestler said:

That seems accurate enough, but at 70, Peyton Fowler has not placed and returning placer Carson matney will

be there so he will likely get the edge. And at 80 there is returning champion max nance and jaxson Mayberry has not placed

You have a point but Matney and Peyton have not wrestled and I could not find results for Eastern teams so I was not sure Matney was still at 70

9 minutes ago, KYWRESTLER2021 said:

You have a point but Matney and Peyton have not wrestled and I could not find results for Eastern teams so I was not sure Matney was still at 70

Matney was listed at 70 at their dual last week but no results were posted.  A friend of mine in eastern KY said matney was at 75 this year so who knows?  My boy wrestles around that weight and based on what we have seen at 70 and results vs common opponents Hawk and Matney are probably at the top for 70.  

23 hours ago, JHamBCalumni said:

Aren’t the Raney’s wrestling HS? They should win that easily so why do MS? Or is it just speculation that they’ll do both? 

They are going to do both. 

On 2/8/2022 at 3:09 PM, JHamBCalumni said:

Aren’t the Raney’s wrestling HS? They should win that easily so why do MS? Or is it just speculation that they’ll do both? 

Im sure it would have something to do with the team title.  Although they are way ahead of the competition in KY at the middle school level Id say a team title still means something to them and their team.   

They have both dominated their classes for years and haven’t received mow. They might need to change the rule and give it to two. 

1 hour ago, DrBaker said:

They have both dominated their classes for years and haven’t received mow. They might need to change the rule and give it to two. 

I would definitely cut weight to avoid them.  Thought I’d throw that out there since I saw a thread about cutting weight to avoid the best.

• Upvote 2

I can’t help but feel bad for their teammates in their respective weight classes. Shutting them out of a chance at an individual title state title seems pretty selfish IMO because we all know they won’t be beat. 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, JHamBCalumni said:

I can’t help but feel bad for their teammates in their respective weight classes. Shutting them out of a chance at an individual title state title seems pretty selfish IMO because we all know they won’t be beat. 

If they do it for a team title, they’ll separate themselves to maximize points. One can go 107 if they aren’t cutting weight and the other can go 130. 107-142 could march into the finals with bonus points. Individually, it makes zero sense. 

2 hours ago, DrBaker said:

Not correct Dr. Baker on 2 points… Jordyn Raney (Union) Was MOW last Year from 105 and below. Rider Trumble (Ryle) was Mow 113 and above 

11 hours ago, 44 dad said:

Not correct Dr. Baker on 2 points… Jordyn Raney (Union) Was MOW last Year from 105 and below. Rider Trumble (Ryle) was Mow 113 and above 

Awesome. I missed last year. 

So let me get this straight… a kid cannot place in top 4 at middle school then compete their age/weight at youth state. But a kid can go to high school state and win/place and can still win/place same at middle school?!? Something seems wrong with this if I’m understanding correctly?!?

please clarify.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BaxterBigD said:

So let me get this straight… a kid cannot place in top 4 at middle school then compete their age/weight at youth state. But a kid can go to high school state and win/place and can still win/place same at middle school?!? Something seems wrong with this if I’m understanding correctly?!?

please clarify.

That’s it. 

This is completely absurd. There should be no stipulation between Middle school and youth state if there is none between high school and middle school. Why should it be any different? I guess I need to actually contact a governing body such as USA wrestling board instead of a forum to better understand this. I’m new to all of this just this year and learning as I go, but that seems completely unfair, needs a universal rule. 

• Downvote 1