Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2021-22 Rankings - January 12

On 1/13/2022 at 2:46 PM, thegoldenwrestler said:

I’m not complaining. I just wanna see the kids who win move up in the rankings. For some kids, being ranked high is the highlight for them. It’s okay, the same thing happened to me when i wrestled. Nobody wanted to rank me highly so I beat everyone that Ranger ranked ahead of me but that’s a part of wrestling. You’ll remember his name before it’s all said and done 

Ranger ranked me 5th as a senior… a 3 time placer previous state finalist with huge wins over people ranked 1-2 at other weights. Truth is if he didn’t light a fire under my ass I would’ve left high school with no titles when I was in contention of one every year. Needless to say I closed the book 49-0 in the toughest weight class that year. I actually appreciate what ranger did for me, NEVER believed I would say that. But just wrestle man, nothing better than going undefeated when there was all these kids that were “supposed” to beat you. If you don’t believe in garbage, then the results will speak for themselves. And if the state didn’t pay me to do the rankings, I gotta be honest I wouldn’t be able to do all of the research I needed to do to make sure kids are ranked where they are supposed to be. Want to be ranked in the top 3 every year? Stand out.

• Upvote 1

Just because your ranked 12th doesn’t mean you can’t win a state title! People act like if your not ranked in the top 4 you have zero chance! One of the best wrestlers in Ohio a few years ago wasn’t even ranked and he won a state title!

12 hours ago, Mercury said:

“For some kids, being ranked high is the highlight for them” LOL! No it’s for parents living through their kids that care about rankings and Harrison County does have plenty of them. If your so disrespected about your sons ranking then have them win state which is the only ranking that matters! Also start scheduling tougher competition throughout the year instead of wrestling JV matches and then expect your son to be recognized throughout the state! Champions could careless where they are ranked, winning a championship is all that matters 

For the record, the parent and kid you are talking about aren’t even on the forum. That same parent and kid work very closely with Ranger in the off-season so I would bet that the “parent” you are talking about isn’t the person questioning the rankings (I actually know who it was and spoke with him about not throwing his two cents in). Also some people need to remember that admins can see who is actually behind the screen name. 

58 minutes ago, CUTiger184 said:

For the record, the parent and kid you are talking about aren’t even on the forum. That same parent and kid work very closely with Ranger in the off-season so I would bet that the “parent” you are talking about isn’t the person questioning the rankings (I actually know who it was and spoke with him about not throwing his two cents in). Also some people need to remember that admins can see who is actually behind the screen name. 

Wait a minute they can see who we are?   If I knew that I would have used my real name.  

• Upvote 5

These rankings are a guide. Does not mean someone will automatically win the championship. Parents and kids can not take this to heart.  Believe me. I did and it drove me crazy. Great job Jason. I maybe in SC now but I still follow. Good luck to all the wrestlers.  

On 1/16/2022 at 1:03 AM, Mercury said:

“For some kids, being ranked high is the highlight for them” LOL! No it’s for parents living through their kids that care about rankings and Harrison County does have plenty of them. If your so disrespected about your sons ranking then have them win state which is the only ranking that matters! Also start scheduling tougher competition throughout the year instead of wrestling JV matches and then expect your son to be recognized throughout the state! Champions could careless where they are ranked, winning a championship is all that matters 

We are a small school, I have a senior who came to us as an out of shape kid a few years back, was stuck behind better kids who were "ranked" the last couple season, this year he has come on strong and was very excited to "get on the board" (that's what our kids call it). He's down there in the 20s and this was exciting for him now he's focused on trying to climb that ladder!

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Bucks50 said:

The screen shot above. Where did you get this at? Is this an app or website?

It’s an app and website. It uses all the matches on track to rank. It does cost money. 

Ranger has been putting up with The Craziest of Dads for well over a decade.He has to be 9 ft tall,  His skin is 3 ft thick, toughest Man in Ky wrestling!!!

I would have lasted for my first ranking and then quit. !!! He’s has been more than a blessing to the Ky Wrestling community. 
 That’s why I always try to support his efforts. Go Ranger!!!

• Upvote 3