Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2021-22 Rankings - January 4

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and holiday season. 

Things are starting to round into form with most everyone getting on the mat and on weight. I’ve removed everyone (I believe) who hasn’t tested and will adjust everyone to the weight they have competed at after this weekend (wanted to give everyone a week at the +2). 

Couple interesting notes:

- To be the champ you have to beat the champ; with a few changes in lineups, Union has just edged Ryle in the current rankings. This is shaping up to be a fantastic battle between two really really good lineups. Would be a great dual. 
- We had round 1 of one of my most anticipated matchups of the year. No, not the northern Ky match, but Giannone v Kinley. A back and forth battle that I can’t wait to see the last few weeks of the season. 
- Most weights are pretty straightforward, but heavyweight has a lot of chaos so there are about 35 kids who could argue to be in the top 25. 

Rankings_21_22_0104.pdf

55 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

Things are starting to round into form with most everyone getting on the mat and on weight. I’ve removed everyone (I believe) who hasn’t tested and will adjust everyone to the weight they have competed at after this weekend (wanted to give everyone a week at the +2). 

- To be the champ you have to beat the champ; with a few changes in lineups, Union has just edged Ryle in the current rankings. This is shaping up to be a fantastic battle between two really really good lineups. Would be a great dual. 
- We had round 1 of one of my most anticipated matchups of the year. No, not the northern Ky match, but Giannone v Kinley. A back and forth battle that I can’t wait to see the last few weeks of the season. 
- Most weights are pretty straightforward, but heavyweight has a lot of chaos so there are about 35 kids who could argue to be in the top 25. 

Rankings_21_22_0104.pdf

Might get that dual at the Bryce Sheffer Duals later on. 

40 minutes ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Might get that dual at the Bryce Sheffer Duals later on. 

That match(Giannone vs Kinley) is on Madison Central’s page. Very good one. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Thatkywrestler said:

He tore his acl and is getting surgery today

Hate that for any kid but he has always been a  respectful hard working young man. Prayers for a speedy recovery. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Thatkywrestler said:

He tore his acl and is getting surgery today

That sucks. Good luck to him in his recovery. 

7 hours ago, WVhighlander said:

Hate that for any kid but he has always been a  respectful hard working young man. Prayers for a speedy recovery. 

100%. Great kid. Was excited to see him battle for a high spot on the podium this year after putting in a lot of hard work. 

On 1/4/2022 at 3:27 PM, Ranger123 said:

Rankings_21_22_0104.pdf

Just to let you know. Harrison county is 20-0 in duals and has beaten Great Crossing  and now Walton Verona head to head

• Downvote 3

35 minutes ago, Bucks50 said:

Just to let you know. Harrison county is 20-0 in duals and has beaten Great Crossing  and now Walton Verona head to head

The dual rankings are not based on dual meet results. It simply simulates a dual based on a theoretical matchup with individual rankings. No bumping weights and assuming everyone is in the lineup. There are not nearly enough head to head matchups across the state to rank duals remotely close. 

11 hours ago, Bucks50 said:

Beat Great Crossing?

51 minutes ago, jnv858 said:

Beat Great Crossing?

20-0 is a stretch as well. I don’t know of any team with that many duals. Could be wrong, but that sure seems like a lot at this point.

9 hours ago, jnv858 said:

Beat Great Crossing?

We haven't wrestled GC in a dual.  He may have saw the results from the first tournament of the year.  Everyone had holes that day, so not a fair assessment.  

3 hours ago, CUTiger184 said:

We haven't wrestled GC in a dual.  He may have saw the results from the first tournament of the year.  Everyone had holes that day, so not a fair assessment.  

Yup, unfortunately we were out 4 starters and had nobody at 113 so we were really down 5 and still placed runner-up.

At 106 it should be Ian Tucker (7th grade)  at 106 for Wayne County.  A couple of duals has his brother Aidan Tucker)  wrestling 106.  Aidan started late and was dealing with broken vertebra from the end of last season.  He has been wrestling at 120 and now 113.  Thanks ranger.

On 1/9/2022 at 10:55 PM, GentleBeard said:

20-0 is a stretch as well. I don’t know of any team with that many duals. Could be wrong, but that sure seems like a lot at this point.

That just 5 matches a meet over 4 weekends, not that many.