Sarah White

Middle school and youth state tournament dates/location

Kentucky State Tournament Info:
Mark your calendars (if you haven’t already). 

Middle School State Tournament: Saturday, March 12th, Corbin Arena, Corbin, Kentucky

Youth State Tournament: Sunday, March 13th, Corbin Arena, Corbin, Kentucky 

Mondell asked me to share.

*Flyer and more details coming soon.

• Upvote 1

Do we know how this worked out? Like where was the vote for location? I can’t imagine this was convenient for the majority of the state….. so???? Please advise how this arrangement was made……

50 minutes ago, VisionQuest said:

Where are the middle school regionals being held?  I haven’t seen anything posted on any of the host schools.

2 hours ago, BaxterBigD said:

I’m referring specifically to MS regions……

3 minutes ago, riccib14 said:

Could you share where you found that information? Does it mention youth?

Again referring to MS…

37 minutes ago, WVhighlander said:

He was talking about region. Belfry is hosting one of the regional tournaments for middle school. 

Yes speaking on MS only… doubt youth will have regions agin…… sorry to say I feel like that’s a thing of the past…

Region 4 flyer and info.

We plan on running 3-4 mats and running through every match as soon as mats become available.

We will also run a youth tournament the next day as well, it wont be a region tournament it will be open to everyone statewide and have VA and WV kids wrestling as well. 

4DA27073-9E89-4BF0-B0BA-24BC21A9F7B7.jpeg

2 hours ago, WVhighlander said:

Any word on a flyer for youth state?  Anyone have the age groups and weight classes?

It will be the standard USA Wrestling 2022 divisions, ages, weights. Flyer should be out soon. Finalizing weigh-in details/times before the post flyer. 

2 hours ago, Sarah White said:

It will be the standard USA Wrestling 2022 divisions, ages, weights. Flyer should be out soon. Finalizing weigh-in details/times before the post flyer. 

Will it be the USA wrestling weight classes for the 14 u as well. Last year they used Ky middle school weights for that age group. Year before that they called it middle school youth division instead of 14 u and went with middle school weights.