Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2021-22 Rankings - December 22

Merry Christmas everyone!

Still a lot of changes going on.  But I can only reflect what I see in track.  As results don't get posted kids won't get credit for them.  That is particularly frustrating as a couple weights are light on ranked kids.

More importantly, hopefully everyone stays healthy and safe.  Looks like we are in for a tumultuous season.  And keep praying for all those out west who were impacted by that horrible tornado.

Rankings_21_22_1222.pdf

On 12/23/2021 at 10:31 AM, Shamwow9 said:

Andrew Tarango @#126 is a 7th grader not 9th.  

Yep. He is on the roster in the middle of a bunch of freshman and I grabbed the wrong line. Will update next week. 

9 minutes ago, wrestling78 said:

He wrestled for Johnson Central yesterday at GRC but he looked like a junior, pretty sure he took the covid year.

I’m pretty sure you won’t find a kid in that lineup who’s the age they’re supposed be. I won’t dispute that they’re good but it’s not fair brag about them being in 7th or 8th grade doing good in high school when they actually wrestling kids their own age. I think if they’re doing so well in high school, they should compete there and leave middle school to true middle school age kids. That’s why so many tournaments are turning to 14U to keep these Covid year kids out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was not really meaning to brag but I am proud of him it’s just the start of his 4th season an he was young enough to wrestle them 14u until last month besides that he has been wrestling kids a lot older then him since he started 

Lots of surpising upsets at the woodford county invitational today, I would wish I could have been their to watch some great wrestling. According to track though, their were many ranked matchups.

Just now, BeastMode23 said:

I was not really meaning to brag but I am proud of him it’s just the start of his 4th season an he was young enough to wrestle them 14u until last month besides that he has been wrestling kids a lot older then him since he started 

So he is 15, but that doesn't take away the fact that he is still going up to highschool and showing those kids what great talent he has.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BeastMode23 said:

Thanks he is maturing great then just turned 15 a month ago 

Who cares,  you guys have a great program.  Don't let people bait you into these topics.  As long as you are playing within the rules good luck the rest of the year.  I wish you guys no better than 2nd at state duals and 2nd at team state.  As long as you are behind the Raiders it's all good.  :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Chris Duke said:

Who cares,  you guys have a great program.  Don't let people bait you into these topics.  As long as you are playing within the rules good luck the rest of the year.  I wish you guys no better than 2nd at state duals and 2nd at team state.  As long as you are behind the Raiders it's all good.  :D

Haha thanks man but you know we are coming for first if we can haha you all are great people I seen that last season heck our kids played with that dang beach ball for ever at state hahaha best of luck 

Age is less of an issue then everyone makes it out to be.  Some kids put the extra time in and some don't. Some parents do the extra work to get their kids better practices and some don't. Duke has been wrestling kids older then him since elementary school. I personally watched him practicing with middle school kids as a second grader.  Spencer Moore skipped his senior year and is currently the starter at UNC. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, Chris Duke said:

Best of luck to both of you, but Union isn't going quietly 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El cucuy said:

Best of luck to both of you, but Union isn't going quietly 

Agreed, until you beat them they are the favorites. 

• Like 1