Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2021-22 Rankings - December 8

Haven’t been able to see the entries at all weights for Saturday’s Raider Rumble, but a few weights will be VERY, VERY interesting. This is annually one of the best events in the state and this year is no exception. 

106 - #1 Raney, #2 Vega, #3 Evans - young talent but hard to beat the top 3 at the weight in the same bracket

113 - #1 Raney, #2 Orth, #9 Marquis

120 - #3 Jenkins, #5 Trumble, #8 Meyer, #14 Wilbers, #19 Johns - solid deep group here 

126 - #1 Sander, #2 (113) Lampe, #7 Gilbert, #12 Sulfsted

132 - ?

138 - #1 (132) Thomas, #4 Bowers, #7 Speaker, #19 (132) Mattingly

144 - #1 Andreoni, #2 Smith, #5 Schweitzer, #13 Mayes, #14 Stacey - tough weight that is somewhat wide open around the state; this will set the pecking order, add in Searcy (East Central) and this will be a must follow bracket 

150 - #4 Bowers, #4 (144) Oliveros, #8 Banfield, #14 Peace, #20 Dowdy

157 - ?

165 - #2 (157) Messerly, #3 (157) Kinley, #7 Richmond, #15 Walton, #20 (157) Hom - Messerly/Kinley could be really fun

175 - ?

190 - #1 (175) Duke, #12 Hyden

215 - #3 Elliston, #10 Fleek, #16 Peltier

285 - ?

There will also be a number of really tough OH/IN kids in these brackets. They always ignore Ky in their previews so I won’t highlight them here. But don’t be surprised if kids from Elder, Moeller, Lebanon, Wyoming, or East Central place very high. 

8 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Eckman and Little are at Ironman this weekend. Wouldve loved to see Duke vs Little at 190. 

Both looked solid today. Eckman should have beaten the 4 seed but put himself in some weird positions on the mat. Little is a monster 190. He was in on the winning takedown in OT against the 3rd ranked kid in the country in the quarters. 

11 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Ryle is stout! TJ Meyer was impressive. Unranked Corithian Seales wins it at 215. Kinley with big win over Messerley. 

B5D4681D-EFB3-43A4-89D8-788880B0EFD3.thumb.png.36ed5715a76ce52833284f680d5d535f.png
Don’t forget Guiliaume 

150 was a wild bracket at the Rumble.  Banfield 8 at 150 beat Oliveras 4 at 144.  Peace 14 at 150 beat Bowers 4 at 150. Hutchison 18 at 144 beat Peace 14 at 150.  Once Christmas passes, those weights will all start to sort out.

I think Union placed 3rd. With 2 of their best wrestlers at the Ironman. 4 kids In the finals 3 winning. I think Ryle had their whole team and only had 3 in the finals. 

5 hours ago, El cucuy said:

I think Union placed 3rd. With 2 of their best wrestlers at the Ironman. 4 kids In the finals 3 winning. I think Ryle had their whole team and only had 3 in the finals. 

Ryle Rumble is a rough draft of the season and final outcomes. Union has won state the last 6 years and can’t ever remember them winning the Rumble. Never have a full team there due to sending their best to the Ironman, ACTs, etc., plus out of state teams throw a wrench in some weight classes, whereas that wouldn’t be the case down the road for other teams kids to place higher without getting knocked off by a non KY wrestler. Ryle placed many more kids higher overall. 

8 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Ryle Rumble is a rough draft of the season and final outcomes. Union has won state the last 6 years and can’t ever remember them winning the Rumble. Never have a full team there due to sending their best to the Ironman, ACTs, etc., plus out of state teams throw a wrench in some weight classes, whereas that wouldn’t be the case down the road for other teams kids to place higher without getting knocked off by a non KY wrestler. Ryle placed many more kids higher overall. 

I wouldn’t even say it’s a rough draft of state. It’s just a tournament. Tells you who has some big scorers in an open between Ryle and Union. Doesn’t tell you much else about state especially without Paducah Tillman, Christian co, and Johnson Central there. 

The question is will Union have enough Individual Champs to beat Ryles overall quality and depth. Or will JC be able to pull a few upsets and take it all. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Yeah. Just a tourney. Lots of guys are still out. Lots of guys not at final weights. Lots of a Indiana and Ohio kids beating us up. Starting out being a fun season. 

• Upvote 2

Is it just me or do the heavier weights (mostly 157-285) seem a little top heavy this year? We’re also not even in January yet so obviously some guys could move around but it just seems to me guys like Noah, Little, Giannone, Herron and Branson are locks for a state title at the end of the year. I do think it makes things fun though because it causes so much movement throughout the weight classes. Gonna be a great year!