pin4thewin

Rankings 21-22

Here is someone a start. I am sure it’s not accurate and there are some head to head match ups I didn’t see.  One thing is for sure. 105 and 113 gets deep. 

Carson Matney

Uriah Rainy

Cody Blevins

Joseph Carr

Blake Lemaster

Marita Kinley

Max Nance

Jaxson Mayberry

Madden Brown

Zack Scott

Brycen Gray

Brennen East

Kayson White

Corbin Nance

Luke Cornwell

Brayden Blevins

Cooper Scott 

Jayden Raney

Ryan Smith

Micah Thompson

Kentrell Mayfield

Colton Motta

Jordyn Raney

George Dennis

Luke Thomas

Jayven Williams

Charles Young

Kaygen Roberts

James Morris

Utah Heady

Carson Herbst

Andrew Tarango

Deameion Leavelle

Gage Clevidence 

Gavin Becker

Abe Fletcher

Owen Lamar

Isaiah Harris

Jaden Justice 

Dalton Matney

Dj Wilson

Jax Crowe

Mac Darland

Nick Baldwin

Hvy  

Colton lewis

Peyton Mayo

Drew Ferguson

Austin Cummings

• Upvote 2

If you look in Middle School Trackwrestling for state of KY there is only like 8 teams listed. There are a lot of other teams that just dont use track and its free. Just hard to find events and even teams results its not that teams dont wrestle its just nowhere to find all the results. But middle school is getting better and bigger everyday.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, panthers said:

If you look in Middle School Trackwrestling for state of KY there is only like 8 teams listed. There are a lot of other teams that just dont use track and its free. Just hard to find events and even teams results its not that teams dont wrestle its just nowhere to find all the results. But middle school is getting better and bigger everyday.

I don’t know about bigger and better. The lack of events the last two years is scary, and there are more than a handful of teams that were very good and well represented 5 or 6 years ago that really don’t exist anymore. There used to be enough teams and wrestlers to hold district tournaments to qualify for region, and now some regions are on life support.

7 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

I don’t know about bigger and better. The lack of events the last two years is scary, and there are more than a handful of teams that were very good and well represented 5 or 6 years ago that really don’t exist anymore. There used to be enough teams and wrestlers to hold district tournaments to qualify for region, and now some regions are on life support.

I give that to you but I guess I mean bigger in the fact that seems more high school teams have a feeder team of some kind and years ago that just wasn't the case. Only a few did now those that did your right they might have been better. I agree covid has done a number on middle and youth teams alike. Its hard enough to get through a high school season rather than try and manage a high school and middle at the same time. I believe we would do better if the two seasons were not over lapped but nobody agrees. That way the only matches on Saturdays would be middle school and teams would attend Sundays just dont work for lots of teams for lots of reason. Lets just hope covid ends and things get easier but I just don't see that happening. The smaller programs that run on a tiny staff and little to no school support are going to continue to struggle in covid times. 

7 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

43 minutes ago, panthers said:

I give that to you but I guess I mean bigger in the fact that seems more high school teams have a feeder team of some kind and years ago that just wasn't the case. Only a few did now those that did your right they might have been better. I agree covid has done a number on middle and youth teams alike. Its hard enough to get through a high school season rather than try and manage a high school and middle at the same time. I believe we would do better if the two seasons were not over lapped but nobody agrees. That way the only matches on Saturdays would be middle school and teams would attend Sundays just dont work for lots of teams for lots of reason. Lets just hope covid ends and things get easier but I just don't see that happening. The smaller programs that run on a tiny staff and little to no school support are going to continue to struggle in covid times. 

Ok I’m not following. We don’t have our middle school wrestling sundays now. They wrestle on saturdays. Some times our kids will do youth opens on Sundays. If the seasons didn’t over lap then they would cut into baseball and football season. Which almost all of our kids play 2-3 sports. So that would really cut down the numbers in state. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, WVhighlander said:

Ok I’m not following. We don’t have our middle school wrestling sundays now. They wrestle on saturdays. Some times our kids will do youth opens on Sundays. If the seasons didn’t over lap then they would cut into baseball and football season. Which almost all of our kids play 2-3 sports. So that would really cut down the numbers in state. 

Maybe it would maybe it wouldn't and yes Sundays are youth which is just another name for more middle school matches and add in the younger kids too. I get it again as I said people don't want separate seasons or shorter that's hurting together as you said it all is hurting us in one way or another.  Some areas don't have the means to do all same time which I think hurts numbers more but we all just keep on keeping on doing the best each can. Baseball nor football would ever be hurt but if all seasons continue to run for 6 months out of the year which they do now football July-Dec (if you add in MId playoffs) Wrestling Nov-March and Baseball Feb-Aug if you count All-stars and travel. They already run into each other so push back middle school some Start Feb to finish in April then the kids might miss some baseball but would be there when it counts and they wouldn't compete for gyms against high school wrestling or refs. Any kid that wanted to wrestle early and more can go to all the youth tourneys that are open anyways.  All kids have to miss some of something and usually its the start of the next season. In high school its the same way. If you play football and wrestle you wont join wrestling till right before the season starts and if you play baseball after wrestling then your season would start just a couple weeks after State and you might have already missed pre-season games. Just a different view not saying either is wrong or right but if we are saying we have a problem we cant just keep it the same and hope it fixes itself. 

I have zero inside knowledge of what Union county is planning to do. But, if the bodies are weighing within a certain range, I wouldn’t be surprised if:

raney - 100

thomas - 107 

raney - 115

heady - 123

Those bring massive team points. Again, totally contingent on what kids weigh and if that’s even possible. It might not be; and we will see a couple Union kids wrestling for the same state title. I have no doubt they will try to maximize team points any way they can. 

My completely off the wall and no idea what really happens guess is the Raneys bump up. 
Luke Thomas - 107
Utah Heady - 115
Jayden Raney - 122
Jordyn Raney -132
Gage Clevidence -132
Abe Fletcher -142

That is a murderer's row for middle of the lineup. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

My completely off the wall and no idea what really happens guess is the Raneys bump up. 
Luke Thomas - 107
Utah Heady - 115
Jayden Raney - 122
Jordyn Raney -132
Gage Clevidence -132
Abe Fletcher -142

That is a murderer's row for middle of the lineup. 

Ask your brother. He’s the coach. Lol. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, GentleBeard said:

I have zero inside knowledge of what Union county is planning to do. But, if the bodies are weighing within a certain range, I wouldn’t be surprised if:

raney - 100

thomas - 107 

raney - 115

heady - 123

Those bring massive team points. Again, totally contingent on what kids weigh and if that’s even possible. It might not be; and we will see a couple Union kids wrestling for the same state title. I have no doubt they will try to maximize team points any way they can. 

More of a chance for Thomas to cut than Jayden. He’s gonna wrestle where he’s at. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/27/2022 at 4:27 PM, DrBaker said:

More of a chance for Thomas to cut than Jayden. He’s gonna wrestle where he’s at. 

thomas wrestled 113 last weekend and he weighed 115.0