JST

Spencer Moore

Huge congratulations deserved to Spencer and the Moore family on the recent wrestle off. Not only winning the wrestle off but breaking him in the process!! Awesome to see the success early in his career. It's going to be fun watching his career for now on. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Had a great crowd show up in Columbus on Sunday to cheer Spencer on against Ohio State. Probably had 50+ people from 7-8 different schools around the state (plus OH and IN). Awesome to see a lot of the community get behind kids at the next level. I was a slacker and failed to get a group pic after the dual. Yes I’m kicking myself big time. We have a number of good wrestlers competing at the college level and way too often in the past they just sort of disappear from our view. We need to show up at Bellarmine, TMU, and all the in state home duals plus take every opportunity we have to see the out of state guys as well to support the great work they are doing. 

It was cool to be flippin channels the other night and see Spencer in a dual on Big10 network against Nebraska.  He totally held his own against a 24 yr old ranked in the top 20. Looking forward to following his career. 

8 hours ago, CradleKY said:

It was cool to be flippin channels the other night and see Spencer in a dual on Big10 network against Nebraska.  He totally held his own against a 24 yr old ranked in the top 20. Looking forward to following his career. 

Thanks. He is working hard, competing well, and learning as he is taking some lumps. Still a lot of work to do to get where he wants to be. But most importantly, he is loving life in Chapel Hill. Amazing teammates and coaches and school. 

19 hours ago, Nike Man said:

Good win over Duke’s Agin the other night. Big 3rd period and solid ride secured a the major. Nice job! 

He just dominated.  folks better look out before Moore finds himself in the rankings next month.

Looks like he's had a great start to his career especially since he's probably had to wrestle his fair share of 26/27 year olds this year. 

On 3/7/2022 at 8:06 PM, otisgcc said:

Looks like he's had a great start to his career especially since he's probably had to wrestle his fair share of 26/27 year olds this year. 

I was hoping he'd get an NCAA bid after coming so close to an automatic qualifier at his conference tournament.  No doubt he'll be there next year if he stays healthy and keeps improving.