Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com PreSeason 2021-22 Rankings - October 15

Let me see if I understand the context here…Ranger has been around the world this year, has no kids in high school wrestling, 2 college seasons to follow; not to mention being a committed husband and girl dad. He puts hours of unnecessary work to release rankings (which are really guesses at this point save for a few) based on the NEW weight classes while not having a kid competing in KHSAA. But, we are complaining about rankings….in October? We are a bored group lol

• Upvote 7

After reading all this, the only thing l don’t understand is why Dr.Baker and UK Pride not doing the rankings, because they seem to have way more “ knowledge“ then RANGER !! 
Maybe its time for a shift ?? 

• Like 1

Side note…. NOT What l Believe Ranger you are doing a terrific job. Nobody else out there would put in the time you do. THANK YOU for your time and efforts !! 

Appreciate all the positive feedback. M I actually really enjoy doing this. I also welcome the input when I miss things. But prefer constructive results based info. 

16 hours ago, 44 dad said:

After reading all this, the only thing l don’t understand is why Dr.Baker and UK Pride not doing the rankings, because they seem to have way more “ knowledge“ then RANGER !! 
Maybe its time for a shift ?? 

His rankings are excellent. I just see 1 kid in a different light. I know he’s sees my side and I do see his. Where we see different is that he hasn’t proven it against Ky high school kids and I believe his body of work nationally is enough. 
It’s not a big deal. No fighting, cussing, and name calling. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrBaker said:

His rankings are excellent. I just see 1 kid in a different light. I know he’s sees my side and I do see his. Where we see different is that he hasn’t proven it against Ky high school kids and I believe his body of work nationally is enough. 
It’s not a big deal. No fighting, cussing, and name calling. 

I look forward to our many convos as well. I missed it last yr!! 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, halfhalfhalf said:

I look forward to our many convos as well. I missed it last yr!! 

Heck yeah!! Gotta get your kids in there! 

On 10/15/2021 at 1:41 PM, Ranger123 said:

Good catch. I forgot to check the new region alignment in my master file. Thanks for the notification. 

Yeah because the old region 6, is now region 5.  Old region 7 is mostly region 6.  Woodford and the Oldhams in region 4.  A total mixarooni. 

On 10/15/2021 at 2:07 PM, WVhighlander said:

Great job and thank you for your work. I will be surprised if any of the top 6 106 are back at 106.  They are all pretty big right now. Also do you think Thornton will go 132. I believe he is signed up at 126 for super 32. Just an FYI both Ramey’s are ranked in the top 10 in the nation for middle school. Jayden just beat the number 4 kid in the country and super 32 champ. And I’m not debating or disagreeing with the rankings. I’m just creating some discussion as I’m bored waiting on the season to start and most places up here wrapping up their off season practices 

I doubt that many of the kids ranked at 106 will actually weigh 106. I have seen some of them and they look much bigger.

Thanks for the rankings as a parent we appreciate you taking your time away from your family to try an give us an ideal. Sure some of the kids are big for 106 but I seen it last season some 120plus cut to that 106 so it’s possible some will be there 

9 hours ago, BobcatWrestling said:

Curious as to what happened to the Adams wrestler from Christian Co who won the state title last year. I thought he was a sophomore or junior - he didn't graduate did he? Move out of state maybe?

He transferred to Paducah and tore his acl playing football. 

On 11/20/2021 at 9:37 PM, Thatkywrestler said:

Ik this is a late comment but didn’t mccloskey just beat Condi in the middle school finals recently? 

If it just happened then that is great.  These rankings were sent out on Oct 15th. 

On 11/20/2021 at 9:37 PM, Thatkywrestler said:

Ik this is a late comment but didn’t mccloskey just beat Condi in the middle school finals recently? 

Could have. As a general rule I don’t follow MS results as an input to change these rankings. I will go back and give it a look, but these ranking primarily influenced by in season HS results. The wins/losses by these two good kids are what put them in the spots they currently sit in. But I will definitely give it a review especially if they end up in close proximity (say 11 and 12) then that result should definitely be considered.