Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com Pre-PreSeason 2021-22 Rankings - July 4

Been holding onto these for a while so I finally decided to just get them posted. 

Huge note here is all I did was update for state results and remove seniors. I did add back in a few kids who were injured late in the year, but have not adjusted for kids taking advantage of the repeat year. 

This is just to set an initial bar. There will be a LOT of adjustments for MS kids coming in, repeats, and massive weight changes. More of that will come as we get into the fall. 

Big item of note, after seeing Union be so dominant over the last decade, I really see Ryle as the favorite heading into the 2021-22 season. A lot to happen between now and February, but sitting here in July, they look tough to beat. 

Rankings_21_22_0704.pdf

Levid should have a real chance at winning a state title in single A at Grundy. However he will have to beat the kid from rural retreat that’s beat him before. 

195 and 220  look like their going to be a lot tougher in Ky this upcoming season. 

30 minutes ago, bakers said:

Carter Akers in 170 is @ Prestonsburg High School / Region 8

Yeah that’s what I have in my spreadsheet. Not sure what happened in the upload file. Will fix it for the next update. 

On 8/18/2021 at 4:37 PM, Chris Duke said:

Time to put Paducah Tilghman in the conversation.  With Slayton returning and the transfer of Adams they will be tough.

Can Adam’s wrestle right away? 

33 minutes ago, Chris Duke said:

Sounds like he is already playing football unless something changed.

True. Saw him on the roster. 

On 9/10/2021 at 7:38 PM, El cucuy said:

I don't think Slayton is coming back. Eli Payton and Matt Mooney are.

According to the football roster, all 3 Mooneys are repeating.