Sign in to follow this  
JimmyCrackedCorn

Bellarmine Coaching Change

It appears the entire Bellarmine staff is no longer in place.  My neighbors kid told me there were several parents unhappy with the coaching the kids were getting.  Not sure why they were unhappy.  Not sure if that is accurate or not but he would have no reason to lie.  I hear there will be five transfers or freshman not coming depending on the coach that is hired.   

Neighbors kid did tell me that pretty much everyone needed to be at least a weight class lower but Coach Adams didn't like them cutting weight.    He thought it had an effect on performance

Anyone who is hired I would assume this is a stepping stone job.  There is good recruiting to be had in the Indiana and Ohio area but I don't think they can replicate Campbell's small school success and sustain it.  General consensus among the team is they want Maynard.

Hoskins  

Hendricks

Schrader

Cowan (Incoming freshman) 

Jude Camacho (incoming freshman)

Beck coming off of a major shoulder surgery more than likely will not return unless there is a solid coach hired.   He wants to pursue MMA

Several other kids had grade problems and may not return.  I think there was only one starter the rest were not starters. 

i am sure there are others that have not leaked out yet but names that have been associated with the job to date is

SEAN FAUSZ 3x NCAA qualifier assistant coach Cal Poly

GRAY MAYNARD Michigan State 3x AA and UFC Fighter

DARYL THOMAS (Campbell Assistant)  Never qualified but has a long coaching record as an assistant in college

JAKE VARNER (PENN STATE) 2X NCAA Champ Olympic Gold medalist 

Hunter Gamble UTC assistant.  2X NCAA Qualifier

Olympian Ken Chertow and Nic Bedelyon from Rider University never received a phone call, email or any response or communication from the University during the entire hiring process from the time they applied. I don’t understand how you don’t at the very least respond or talk to them but I do wish the new incoming coach and the new staff the best of luck going forward. We need to have a successful D1 wrestling program to help build and grow the sport of wrestling in our state. I hope whoever they hired will be able to do what it takes for that to happen. I know Ken or Nic would have hopefully the new coach is as good and qualified as they are. 

On 7/6/2021 at 4:21 PM, Home Grown Wrestling Club said:

Olympian Ken Chertow and Nic Bedelyon from Rider University never received a phone call, email or any response or communication from the University during the entire hiring process from the time they applied. I don’t understand how you don’t at the very least respond or talk to them but I do wish the new incoming coach and the new staff the best of luck going forward. We need to have a successful D1 wrestling program to help build and grow the sport of wrestling in our state. I hope whoever they hired will be able to do what it takes for that to happen. I know Ken or Nic would have hopefully the new coach is as good and qualified as they are. 

Bedelyon is reported to have interviewed. Chertow is not surprising after his Queens issues. 

Shuck was the cheapest option from what I hear.