Sign in to follow this  
Jgeilear

Wrestling Family and a story about a Tux

My name is Jonathan Geilear and I am Jackson Geilear dad  from Woodford county. I just have a great story to tell that shows the strong bond wrestlers have across the state. 
Jackson is a Junior and wasn’t planning on going to the prom this year. However a good friend of his reached out to him last min and asked if he would like to go. He of course told her he would go but wasn’t sure if he could obtain a Tux in time with only a few days left until prom. So where does one get a tux from last min when your 6’1” 195 lbs and wear a 13 shoe. Well Jackson puts it out in the social media world with the chance he will get a response. So he gets a response the next day. At first he thought it was one of his buddy’s messing with him but it was the real deal. Levid Rodriguez 195 from Johnson Central reached out and was like hey man we are the same size and I got a Tux for ya. I’m driving down that way anyway so I got you covered. We are family and that what we do. They met in Lex and Jack got the Tux. Jackson couldn’t thank him enough. OMG how awesome is that. What an outstanding young man. Id like to personally thank you for your kind and selfless generosity. Even though they may battle like warriors next year on the mat they are  friends today and wrestling brothers for life.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Very cool story. The wrestling world is a pretty tight knit group with a lot of amazing people in it. It’s great when we actually showcase the positives like this simple story to highlight the good in our little community. 

21 hours ago, Jgeilear said:

My name is Jonathan Geilear and I am Jackson Geilear dad  from Woodford county. I just have a great story to tell that shows the strong bond wrestlers have across the state. 
Jackson is a Junior and wasn’t planning on going to the prom this year. However a good friend of his reached out to him last min and asked if he would like to go. He of course told her he would go but wasn’t sure if he could obtain a Tux in time with only a few days left until prom. So where does one get a tux from last min when your 6’1” 195 lbs and wear a 13 shoe. Well Jackson puts it out in the social media world with the chance he will get a response. So he gets a response the next day. At first he thought it was one of his buddy’s messing with him but it was the real deal. Levid Rodriguez 195 from Johnson Central reached out and was like hey man we are the same size and I got a Tux for ya. I’m driving down that way anyway so I got you covered. We are family and that what we do. They met in Lex and Jack got the Tux. Jackson couldn’t thank him enough. OMG how awesome is that. What an outstanding young man. Id like to personally thank you for your kind and selfless generosity. Even though they may battle like warriors next year on the mat they are  friends today and wrestling brothers for life.  

I didn’t know the entire story till just now. That’s wonderful. 

• Like 1