Sign in to follow this  
KY/USA Admin

Spencer Moore Cadet World Team

Thank you sir!

We will also be hosting a camp at the Walton Verona Athletic Complex June 19-20. More details will be coming out shortly as we finalize the clinicians. 

We are a little over 3 weeks out from our camp at the WV Athletic complex. I’ve heard from a number of folks already, but please confirm your attendance so I can be sure we have enough mat space available. 

Big thanks to KWOA for their support in this process. We tend to only think of these guys only when we don’t like their calls and complain about every mistake. In reality they have a thankless job and actually do it pretty darn well. Mostly through the freestyle season (“off season” for most) and the All Star Classic I have seen many of our officials volunteer their time and energy for the benefit of our kids and seeing our state progress. I truly appreciate what they do and hope we can show that appreciation more often. 

Schedule for camp this weekend:

Saturday

9-10 check in

10-12 session 1

12-1:30 lunch on your own

1:30-4 session 2

4-6 dinner break on your own

6-8 session 3

Sunday

9-11 session 4

11-12 lunch break on your own

12-2 session 5

Thanks so much to everyone who has supported our family in this tremendous opportunity and allowing Spencer to focus on training this summer to prepare for a great showing in Budapest. A more personal thank you will come after we return. 

Less than a week until we leave!

Just now, Ranger123 said:

Thanks so much to everyone who has supported our family in this tremendous opportunity and allowing Spencer to focus on training this summer to prepare for a great showing in Budapest. A more personal thank you will come after we return. 

Less than a week until we leave!

Best of luck to Spencer! Hopefully you get a chance to take in some of the sights and history of Budapest while you're there.

3 hours ago, Checkmate said:

Good luck Spencer,when does the action begin? And can we follow it somehow?

Checkmate, 

I believe the action begins at 5:30am eastern time on monday morning, live feed on flowrestling. I have them starting at 11:30 their time, which would be 5:30 here i believe. You can find the schedule at the page below:

https://uww.org/event/world-championships-52?tab=schedule

Big Congrats to Spencer Moore.I know things didn’t turn quite as planned, but what an awesome experience for Spencer and Jason. All training and traveling, what an catapult  for preparation to DI AA!!! May God continue to bless This Great Wrestling Family!!’

• Upvote 1

Thanks a lot to everyone who supported our family along the way and were up early to cheer Spencer on. It was an awesome experience in so many ways, wrestler/coach, father/son, wrestling fan. With all the training Spencer made huge improvements on the mat and prepared well for the event, but it turns out The World is really darn good at this freestyle stuff ha ha. But Joe B hit the nail on the head, this was a huge step in preparing for a run at an NCAA AA finish. And it was unreal to walk through that tunnel as wrestler and coach representing the USA. Yep, we are definitely a very blessed family. Thanks again to all of the Ky wrestling family who have helped on the mat, with donations, or simply praying for us.