Sign in to follow this  
BroOfCoach

Where are our seniors wrestling next year?

I know Payne Carr is going to the Naval Academy. (I think he will be the best college wrestler in this 2021 Kentucky class).

Spencer Moore, although not a senior, is going to UNC. 

Where is everyone else going?

43 minutes ago, BroOfCoach said:

I know Payne Carr is going to the Naval Academy. (I think he will be the best college wrestler in this 2021 Kentucky class).

Spencer Moore, although not a senior, is going to UNC. 

Where is everyone else going?

Spencer is a senior. Just turned 17, but reclassified last year. He will graduate in May and be a Tar Heel in the fall. 

27 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

Spencer is a senior. Just turned 17, but reclassified last year. He will graduate in May and be a Tar Heel in the fall. 

If you don’t mind me asking, was the reason for Spencer doing that just to go ahead and get a jump on college wrestling? Excited to watch him at the next level, but selfishly sad to miss out on another year of him here in Kentucky. 

57 minutes ago, 385 said:

If you don’t mind me asking, was the reason for Spencer doing that just to go ahead and get a jump on college wrestling? Excited to watch him at the next level, but selfishly sad to miss out on another year of him here in Kentucky. 

He is an extremely driven and focused kid. I have talked with my boys since they were very young about setting their sights high and chasing those goals. While Spencer has enjoyed his high school experience, he is looking beyond HS medals and accolades. You won’t see him puffing up on social media or bragging about what he has accomplished because he knows he has a lot of work to do to reach his ultimate goals. While the titles and national rankings are amazing, they don’t mean much after you graduate. The only reason Spencer would want to spend more time in HS would be for his team. You won’t find a kid more team focused than him. He loves those guys and all the coaches who have helped him get where he is today. In fact, I guarantee he was way more concerned about Thornton being ready to go in the finals than he was about his own match. 
Bottom line is Spencer is a very mature very bright young man who does absolutely everything right on and off the mat. He decided he was ready to move on to the next level and begin that phase of his life both as a student and wrestler. 

2 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

He is an extremely driven and focused kid. I have talked with my boys since they were very young about setting their sights high and chasing those goals. While Spencer has enjoyed his high school experience, he is looking beyond HS medals and accolades. You won’t see him puffing up on social media or bragging about what he has accomplished because he knows he has a lot of work to do to reach his ultimate goals. While the titles and national rankings are amazing, they don’t mean much after you graduate. The only reason Spencer would want to spend more time in HS would be for his team. You won’t find a kid more team focused than him. He loves those guys and all the coaches who have helped him get where he is today. In fact, I guarantee he was way more concerned about Thornton being ready to go in the finals than he was about his own match. 
Bottom line is Spencer is a very mature very bright young man who does absolutely everything right on and off the mat. He decided he was ready to move on to the next level and begin that phase of his life both as a student and wrestler. 

Very impressive young man!

45 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

Your boys have always represented you and Kentucky well. Cheering for them both.