Sign in to follow this  
KWC_Panthers

Boro Brawl Nationals April 10/11

Kentucky Wesleyan Wrestling want to wish the best luck to all or our state tournament qualifiers this weekend!  

A quick reminder there are two weeks until the registration deadline.  Great opportunity to get off-season matches in directly after the season while you are still in shape!  

There are wrestlers from 10 states coming to Owensboro.  State finalists and placers!  Lets show the nation that Kentucky is a rising wrestling state!

We are 2 hours from Paducah; 1.5 hours from Hopkinsville, E-Town and Glasgow, 2 hours from the Louisville metropolitan area, 2.5 from Lexington and 3 hours from Covington/Cincy!  Can't get much closer for competition!

Questions, please email Rob McCabe theborobrawl@gmail.com

Register at http://www.trackwrestling.com/registration/TW_Register.jsp?tournamentGroupId=195734132

Boro Brawl Nationals 2021.pdf

For those that didn't attend this event just thought I would recap some for you all. This was a pretty good event for the most part it was well ran and moved quickly. From what I seen most brackets was at least 6 deep and some as many as 13 or more. Which is good for a lot of these type tourneys. Most of all it was full of KY kids from all over the state. I seen kids from McCracken, Union Co, Fairdale, Grant Co, Ft. Campbell, Christian Co, Ohio Co, Henderson Co, Apollo, Owensboro, Owensboro Catholic, and Daviess Co. There were also several other Club teams from across the state like Homegrown and others. All in all it was a great day of wrestling and although I had nothing to do with this I hope it continues to grow as it will be great for the western part of KY and our state in general. It was listed that 13 states attended. I know there were lots of Indiana, Tennessee as well as Missouri, Alabama and Florida teams and kids that competed. So great job Rob McCabe & KWC wrestlers who worked the tourney.

Agree, we had a 16 man bracket in 145. Biggest bracket we have ever had in KY during the off season. The tournament was well organized and flexible. No waiting around or confusion. I hope it continues to grow over time.

3 hours ago, Kylemckune said:

Agree, we had a 16 man bracket in 145. Biggest bracket we have ever had in KY during the off season. The tournament was well organized and flexible. No waiting around or confusion. I hope it continues to grow over time.

Not sure where you guys are from but yeah some brackets were bigger than most we been to in regular or off season. Hope your kids did good and had some fun in Owensboro.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, panthers said:

Not sure where you guys are from but yeah some brackets were bigger than most we been to in regular or off season. Hope your kids did good and had some fun in Owensboro.

Charlie and Brody McKune

• Upvote 1

Thank you to all that came!  It was stressful getting it off the ground during these times but I believe it was a success.

We wouldn't of been able to host the event without the hard work from our guys!  We had a solid group of officials who busted their butts all day.

We are looking to put on an event maybe this fall and again next spring!  So if you missed this one, be on the look out!

• Like 1