220 Moore Martin Orneals Christian
  Virzi Karnickey Brooksbank Diaz
1st out Boone Guilaume Elliston Sanders
hwt Kelly Williams Hughes Smith 
  Pottle Key Arthur Bradley
1st out Che Martin Fox Tshuinza

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just looking at 170 1&2, 3&4 look right.  I think Kopp will get the 2 seed with his head to head.  7&8 is anyone’s  guess.  It could be 2 of 6 kids getting out.  They have been beating up on each other all year. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Chris Duke said:

Just looking at 170 1&2, 3&4 look right.  I think Kopp will get the 2 seed with his head to head.  7&8 is anyone’s  guess.  It could be 2 of 6 kids getting out.  They have been beating up on each other all year. 

Yes.  Bad seeding at region.  Kopp 28-1 getting a 4th seed. ludicrous :rolleyes:

With COVID he didn’t have a chance for head to head in the region.  At semi state he has some head to head that should help him.  

Sorry I’m late to the party, but am I understanding correctly that the 2 finalists from this “first round” will then advance to the next round where all 8 are considered state medalists?

If so, this is insane. 

Yes. You can get 2nd in your semistate (which is a hell of an accomplishment in most regions) and go 0-3 at state. Losing 4 matches in a row and celebrate with 8th place.

2 hours ago, DrBaker said:

Yes. You can get 2nd in your semistate (which is a hell of an accomplishment in most regions) and go 0-3 at state. Losing 4 matches in a row and celebrate with 8th place.

Or, in some cases, go 1-5 in your last 6 and be a medalist

I’m a lifelong region 3 wrestler/coach/fan and I’m here to tell ya... there’s gonna be some terribly unfair state medalists this year

47 minutes ago, 385 said:

I’m a lifelong region 3 wrestler/coach/fan and I’m here to tell ya... there’s gonna be some terribly unfair state medalists this year

And possibly a team win the title that in a normal year wouldn’t sniff the top trophy. All due to this terrible set up by the KHSAA. 

$20 per person. 1-2 coaches get in free, the rest of the coaches have to pay, if tickets are available. I guess money’s really not an issue. Lol. I can’t wait to see what next week’s notice will include. 

11 hours ago, BigBossMan said:

$20 per person. 1-2 coaches get in free, the rest of the coaches have to pay, if tickets are available. I guess money’s really not an issue. Lol. I can’t wait to see what next week’s notice will include. 

Again, this isn't any different from years past. 1 day passes at state have been around $20 forever, and you've always been limited to the number of coaches that get in. And the same rules apply to every sport.

13 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

Again, this isn't any different from years past. 1 day passes at state have been around $20 forever, and you've always been limited to the number of coaches that get in. And the same rules apply to every sport.

Any coach that is on the KHSAA Coaching list has always gotten in free. Never had a limited number coaches at state wrestling tournament.

23 minutes ago, chad.greenwell said:

But... it's $20 this weekend, another $20+ next weekend, another $20+ for the finals...

Has it been confirmed they are charging seperately for the finals?

11 minutes ago, WrasslinCoach said:

Any coach that is on the KHSAA Coaching list has always gotten in free. Never had a limited number coaches at state wrestling tournament.

With limited attendance though, is it really a surprise there would be a limit? Every coach that's in the building is another Parent/fan that can't attend. And has been mentioned, how many coaches do you really need, especially when there are on going to be a few mats, instead of 8 or 10?

1 minute ago, rjs4470 said:

With limited attendance though, is it really a surprise there would be a limit? Every coach that's in the building is another Parent/fan that can't attend. And has been mentioned, how many coaches do you really need, especially when there are on going to be a few mats, instead of 8 or 10?

Granted that attendence is limited and no it isn't a surprise they would limit coaches numbers. Nobody expects anything less from the KHSAA. 

Coaches are just as much as a stakeholder in all this as parents/fans. I am not saying one should get in over the other. Will a coach mind paying??? Heck no, as long as he gets to coach his kids. It just stinks they gotta pay for it. 

But that's not the point, state wrestling tournament never had a limit on the number coaches who could get in. As long you did the rules clinic and safety course, you were good.

50 minutes ago, WrasslinCoach said:

Granted that attendence is limited and no it isn't a surprise they would limit coaches numbers. Nobody expects anything less from the KHSAA. 

Coaches are just as much as a stakeholder in all this as parents/fans. I am not saying one should get in over the other. Will a coach mind paying??? Heck no, as long as he gets to coach his kids. It just stinks they gotta pay for it. 

But that's not the point, state wrestling tournament never had a limit on the number coaches who could get in. As long you did the rules clinic and safety course, you were good.

They did use to have a limit. 9 years ago I only had 1 qualify for state, they would only give me 1 coaches pass. I think they changed it the next year.