Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2020-21 Rankings - March 9

It’s post season time. As crazy as the last 12 months have been and even though many of us are not pleased with the format we have been given, I know that most are grateful that we have been able to compete and will get to see the season come to a successful completion. I’m sure lots of weights will be changing over the next few days, but I wanted to get this out now so I can prepare a state report over the next week. Best of luck to everyone and stay healthy. 

A few notes:

- more new #1 this week (152 and 160)

- Union Co still hanging in that familiar spot with Ryle a real contender 

- Great job by Johnson Central to pull out the big W at State Duals, will be interesting to see how they fare in this revised format for state

- very very anxious to see how this seeding mess (semi state and state) works out; I’ve been a proponent of it forever, hope it goes well and is something we can adopt moving forward

Rankings_20_21_0309.pdf

1 hour ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Thanks for the rankings. 11 of the top 15 @ 126 are in that western semi state. 5 of the top 8. Only two move on. Shameful

OUCH

Thanks for the update Ranger. I am not sure if anyone has asked on here or if you have addressed it, but do you plan on continuing with rankings after Spencer graduates? These rankings have been THE rankings since I started wrestling in 2004. I can’t imagine our community without them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 385 said:

Thanks for the update Ranger. I am not sure if anyone has asked on here or if you have addressed it, but do you plan on continuing with rankings after Spencer graduates? These rankings have been THE rankings since I started wrestling in 2004. I can’t imagine our community without them. 

Good question. I will very likely keep it going. That’s the plan at this point. 

1 minute ago, Ranger123 said:

I can attest it's really hard to walk away even after your kid is gone.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 9:37 AM, Ranger123 said:

Thank goodness. Thank you for all you do. And congrats to Ryan on a fantastic year. 

21 minutes ago, 385 said:

Thank goodness. Thank you for all you do. And congrats to Ryan on a fantastic year. 

Thanks. Great run for the whole Thomas More program and Coach Russell. Big things ahead for that program. 

Really appreciate all the time you put into this!  Wondering about the thoughts behind ranking TKC at 1 in 160 after Nance beat Preston and Giannone?  It will get settled on the mat, just a curious. Thanks again for all your time and work.

1 hour ago, WVmat said:

Really appreciate all the time you put into this!  Wondering about the thoughts behind ranking TKC at 1 in 160 after Nance beat Preston and Giannone?  It will get settled on the mat, just a curious. Thanks again for all your time and work.

TKC has been there and done that. Injured last year. Back to his normal ways leading the state in pins and being dominant. 

4 hours ago, WVmat said:

Good question and probably no clear perfect answer. Big key to me was that Tom KC is undefeated and Nance has split with Preston. Semi state next week is going to be intense at Ryle for the 160 bracket. 

I’m glad you ranked TKC #1. He is the man to take the title. He is a tough ass kid and a great wrestler. His destiny is to be a state champ. Kid has been my pick since day one. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

I’m glad you ranked TKC #1. He is the man to take the title. He is a tough ass kid and a great wrestler. His destiny is to be a state champ. Kid has been my pick since day one. 

Ditto!  I hate throwing around the term “he deserves it,” but TKC really fits the bill.  Phenomenal kid, student, and wrestler.  Good luck, Tom!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dblev275 said:

Ditto!  I hate throwing around the term “he deserves it,” but TKC really fits the bill.  Phenomenal kid, student, and wrestler.  Good luck, Tom!

couldn't agree more. 

20 hours ago, DrBaker said:

While he is ranked #1 I will admit I may be favoring someone else when we get to Winchester. 

13 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

While he is ranked #1 I will admit I may be favoring someone else when we get to Winchester. 

All good answers.  Be been around KY wrestling for awhile now and I’m familiar with TKC.  Can’t argue with any of the comments.  Thanks again and good luck to all!