DrBaker

Regionals are this weekend!!!

We had a wrestler exposed to covid at Middle School Regionals. 

This wrestler tested positive that Sunday and we immediately went into quarantine while trying to contact JCPS about the situation. JCPS would not inform us of the protocol but we chose to quarantine anyway. We never held a practice with said wrestler.

A parent from another school was somehow informed about our situation and called JCPS on Wednesday demanding we get taken out of the tournament. We were then informed that per JCPS policy we couldn’t compete until Sunday March 14th. We tried to move the regional tournament to Sunday but KHSAA wouldn’t allow it, we tried to appeal the JCPS decision and they said no

32 minutes ago, FalconWrestling said:

We had a wrestler exposed to covid at Middle School Regionals. 

This wrestler tested positive that Sunday and we immediately went into quarantine while trying to contact JCPS about the situation. JCPS would not inform us of the protocol but we chose to quarantine anyway. We never held a practice with said wrestler.

A parent from another school was somehow informed about our situation and called JCPS on Wednesday demanding we get taken out of the tournament. We were then informed that per JCPS policy we couldn’t compete until Sunday March 14th. We tried to move the regional tournament to Sunday but KHSAA wouldn’t allow it, we tried to appeal the JCPS decision and they said no

Who wants to bet it was the parent of a 145lb wrestler?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Who wants to bet it was the parent of a 145lb wrestler?

Lol.....Manual of all schools from what I understand. Best wishes to everyone this weekend. 
In addition to that, according to Metro Health Department, the wrestler who tested positive is no longer in quarantine. Michael Barren, from KHSAA, hung up on me and would not tell me why if all coaches were willing to wrestle on Sunday that KHSAA would still not allow that. 

1 hour ago, Kylemckune said:

Lol.....Manual of all schools from what I understand. Best wishes to everyone this weekend. 
In addition to that, according to Metro Health Department, the wrestler who tested positive is no longer in quarantine. Michael Barren, from KHSAA, hung up on me and would not tell me why if all coaches were willing to wrestle on Sunday that KHSAA would still not allow that. 

The KHSAA is just showing their true colors now. Not going to be too many friends for them in the wrestling community. Such a terrible organization. No one will change my opinion of those buffoons in the KHSAA.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, DrBaker said:

They are out now. No big surprises. Jc takes all 14 to semistate and possibly 14 to state. 

I will take that bet. I got them at 12

On 3/12/2021 at 11:32 PM, DrBaker said:

They are out now. No big surprises. Jc takes all 14 to semistate and possibly 14 to state. 

Pretty amazing feat since they only had wrestlers in 13 weight classes.

25 minutes ago, VisionQuest said:

Pretty amazing feat since they only had wrestlers in 13 weight classes.

Yeah, only 13 of 13 in the finals and 11 champs. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, bestmistake33 said:

Why did regions wrestle to 6 if they aren’t accepting alternates?

Why are the having wrestle backs at semi state when only the top 2 advance???

To allow the wrestlers as close to a real post season as possible.  However looks like region 4 was the only one who didn't wrestle for 5th. Not sure why they had plenty of time to do so. 

15 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

A kick in the nuts= wrestling back to 3rd in semi state when your only loss was to the champ. 

^^^^ and unable to advance in a "double elimination tournament" with 1 loss.  $20 dollar entry fee for semi-state is a bit ridiculous as well...

19 minutes ago, GentleBeard said:

^^^^ and unable to advance in a "double elimination tournament" with 1 loss.  $20 dollar entry fee for semi-state is a bit ridiculous as well...

That’s probably just to soften everyone up for what comes the next week. I’m guessing 2 sessions $20-$25 entry per session. Clear out the gym and have everyone return for medal matches (session 2). 

31 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

That’s probably just to soften everyone up for what comes the next week. I’m guessing 2 sessions $20-$25 entry per session. Clear out the gym and have everyone return for medal matches (session 2). 

Please tell me your kidding!! Can this really get any more ridiculous? Don’t answer that, we know the answer is yes!!! 

4 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

This is just depressing.