DrBaker

Regionals are this weekend!!!

8 hours ago, BeastMode23 said:

To fast for sure but very happy we got to have a season. 

Man, I feel the opposite. For the first time ever I'm actually looking forward to the end of the season. So much up in the air, so many events cancelled, so hard to keep the boys motivated everyday since last summer...  

I'm grateful for what we had, I really am, but I hope and pray next season is back to normal. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chris Duke said:

What are the big weight changes heading into regionals?  I can see kids moving with the way semi state is set up.  

Stephen Little to 170... joking. Hopefully brackets get released early instead of right as the tournament starts. 

10 minutes ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Stephen Little to 170... joking. Hopefully brackets get released early instead of right as the tournament starts. 

Little would have to cut off a leg to make 170.  Kid is huge. It will be easier for kids to go up because of the decent plan.  I’m sure there will be a few seniors trying this to get out of semi state.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gator1 said:

Man, I feel the opposite. For the first time ever I'm actually looking forward to the end of the season. So much up in the air, so many events cancelled, so hard to keep the boys motivated everyday since last summer...  

I'm grateful for what we had, I really am, but I hope and pray next season is back to normal. 

I feel ya I really do it’s not the season we wanted. A lot has been against us this season which I think it’s all on called for but I don’t want to get on that subject lol but I am happy to see the kids get on the mat. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, coachteater said:

Region 7 has been up since Sunday

Coach, do you know if KSHAA has any live stream plans for Regions this year ?  (Specifically Region 7, but i'm sure other Regions folks would be interested as well,  and KHSAA policy's generally prohibit members of the public streaming Regions and State Events)

24 minutes ago, grimmnar said:

Coach, do you know if KSHAA has any live stream plans for Regions this year ?  (Specifically Region 7, but i'm sure other Regions folks would be interested as well,  and KHSAA policy's generally prohibit members of the public streaming Regions and State Events)

None for regions. Teams are allowed to film their wrestlers,  just not 2 from other teams. Im sure that teams will be doing streams like on Facebook or Instagram 

5 hours ago, coachteater said:

None for regions. Teams are allowed to film their wrestlers,  just not 2 from other teams. Im sure that teams will be doing streams like on Facebook or Instagram 

Thank you :) !

4 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

So if all the teams agree to film their wrestlers on a single steam would that be allowed? 

ie; they all contract the same person. 

I've been trying to get region 6 schools to band together and get all the bouts streamed somehow. Last I heard, they were in talks with Barren and the boys on how we could make that possible. 

2 hours ago, DrBaker said:

Ncaa brackets are out!!! Too bad region 2 and region 8 aren’t. 

I bet Region 8 won’t be out until the morning of. They never are for some reason. 

Region 2 is out now. They have an undefeated state champ that has beaten the number 2(major decision) and # 3(fall) in his weight as a 2 seed. 

6 hours ago, Bluesdad said:

I bet Region 8 won’t be out until the morning of. They never are for some reason. 

You are probably correct.  The seeding meet is usually held Friday evening before.

I think this is just bad managing by the state. There is no way this is fair to other regions if region 8 can wait until the day before or of to seed and generate brackets. They have the opportunity to look at everyone else in the state before making a decision to where they have the best opportunity for their kids. The state should not let brackets be released until a certain day by all. Seeding meetings done on the Thursday prior to districts and brackets open by all Friday morning. You are just asking for trouble with the way this has been handled.

6 minutes ago, 119Rider said:

I think this is just bad managing by the state. There is no way this is fair to other regions if region 8 can wait until the day before or of to seed and generate brackets. They have the opportunity to look at everyone else in the state before making a decision to where they have the best opportunity for their kids. The state should not let brackets be released until a certain day by all. Seeding meetings done on the Thursday prior to districts and brackets open by all Friday morning. You are just asking for trouble with the way this has been handled.

Even though region 7 does ours on Sunday before,  we still have the opportunity to move kids during supplemental meeting after weigh in on Friday.  And if say a 152 moves up to 160, we vote as a region on if the wrestler is seedable or not. If yes, we seed them in, if not they go to the last spot. 

21 minutes ago, 119Rider said:

Doing it late gives no advantage.  Since the semi-state will be seeded, and the ability to change weight classes prior to the beginning of the regional tourney.