Sign in to follow this  
McNabb

Take Aways From Middle School States

I noticed that even with Covid, Ky Middle School wrestling was very competitive! Well ran with 16 man brackets! The Podium matches were all fun to watch! The Raney kid from Union is on a different level! I think he can win State at 106 this year! I haven’t seen anyone as good as him since Spencer Moore! I think the kid is legit! I think he could be another D1 potential kid! The lighter Raney I hear is just as good! Them boys are the real deal! Kentucky wrestling is getting better and better! Next year the freshman class coming in should be pretty good! I don’t understand how he is that good? It blows my mind! I’m the Raney boys fan for sure! Good luck young fellas! Represent KY! Congratulations to everyone who made the podium, and all the Champs! I hope to see some of you young guys wrestle up and make High school States this year!

I too want to commend KY USA Wrestling, KFWC, Johnson Central parents and Boosters, KWOA and any one else the contributed to the State Tournament. Think about it, in a time of Covid restrictions we had a full State Tournament. With 32 man brackets, single mat final, designated mats for consolation placement, finials face offs, finalist singlets, live stream, unlimited spectators, individual awards and completed start to finish in about 7 hours! I don’t think you could ask for more. Thank You! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BE BRAVE said:

I too want to commend KY USA Wrestling, KFWC, Johnson Central parents and Boosters, KWOA and any one else the contributed to the State Tournament. Think about it, in a time of Covid restrictions we had a full State Tournament. With 32 man brackets, single mat final, designated mats for consolation placement, finials face offs, finalist singlets, live stream, unlimited spectators, individual awards and completed start to finish in about 7 hours! I don’t think you could ask for more. Thank You! 

The KHSAA doesn’t even take into consideration the begs and cries from the wrestling community. Good job KFWC for hosting a state tournament how it should be. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah the guy over said let’s show the high school it can be done! They did great! I wish they would look at how well ran it was and reconsider!

Love to hear this. As long as I have been around KFWC/KWCA the goal has been to put on the best event these kids have been to. I used to say I wanted the kids to be disappointed when they went to HS state after our tournament. Sounds like that spirit has continued on the MS side.