Sign in to follow this  
J.W.

KHSAA - it's not too late

It is not too late to make this right.

Governor Beshear announced an update of COVID-19 restrictions that will go in effect on Friday, March 5. He says capacity at the following establishments can increase to 60 percent: Indoor auctions, barbershops/cosmetology/hair salons, bars and restaurants, bowling alleys, indoor educational & cultural activities, fitness centers, funeral and memorial services, government offices/agencies, massage therapy, movie theaters, nail salons, office-based businesses, places of worship (recommendation), retail, tanning salons, tattoo parlors, and vehicle and vessel dealerships.

If bars and restaurants can be 60%, there is no reason the state tournament can not be increased from 15% to 50% which would allow for at least 16 man brackets with parents attending.  

Let's make reasonable adjustments as the state is moving forward!!!

As with all things during COVID, we have to be prepared to adapt. With this new ruling from the Governor, I think it’s time the KHSAA adapts in the right direction towards normalcy with the standard protocols and guidelines. These guidelines just so allow for more participation. Do the right thing KHSAA, Julian Tackett, Mike Barren, and board of controls. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just read the same thing about capacity. Now is the time to adjust the tournament to allow for a 16 man bracket. I am sure plans are already in the works to figure out what needs to be done at Rupp arena to allow more fans for the boys and girls basketball tournament. I have been for years watching my girls play there and know how cool it is. I just wish wrestling could have a fraction of what they do for this event and venue. The videos, the spotlight and the atmosphere reminded me of the days back in Frankfurt with State Wrestling. 

• Like 1