Sign in to follow this  
GentleBeard

USA Wrestling State Tournament?

I saw this in another thread, but wanted to start a new one to gauge some interest as I thought it was a great idea.  What if there was a USA wrestling sanctioned event/state tournament comprising of the top 4 kids in each region (32 man bracket)? How interesting would that be to everyone?  I have no doubt it would be a first class event run by people who understand and have passion for the sport.  Hopefully we can make it happen.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, GentleBeard said:

I saw this in another thread, but wanted to start a new one to gauge some interest as I thought it was a great idea.  What if there was a USA wrestling sanctioned event/state tournament comprising of the top 4 kids in each region (32 man bracket)? How interesting would that be to everyone?  I have no doubt it would be a first class event run by people who understand and have passion for the sport.  Hopefully we can make it happen.

Hopefully the week after state and maybe give an extra pound. Definitely something that would be incredible. There’s going to be 24 kids in each weight class not make it to state. So two weeks between wrestling, someone may gain a pound or two

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Hopefully the week after state and maybe give an extra pound. Definitely something that would be incredible. There’s going to be 24 kids in each weight class not make it to state. So two weeks between wrestling, someone may gain a pound or two

You better give more than 1 pound.  A lot of these kids look forward to eating after the state tournament.  

More than a pound???  Then you may as well call it different weight classes.  You are already given 2 pounds when you win the weight class.  Make weight, move up, or move out. My opinion.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, J.W. said:

More than a pound???  Then you may as well call it different weight classes.  You are already given 2 pounds when you win the weight class.  Make weight, move up, or move out. My opinion.

The weight classes change anyway after Christmas.