Sign in to follow this  
DrBaker

State on track?

Recommended Posts

If it’s anything like we’re doing up here in Region 6, I would make alternate arrangements to live stream. Region 6 is being ran on 1 camera for 2 mats and that the Region has to pay KHSAA for the rights to stream it so the parents that are being told they can’t come and attend, can watch 3/4 of the mat. This is the sneak preview of what we all get to look forward to (JV Regionals at Scott HS where parents can’t attend) I don’t know the reason they couldn’t have changed venues, except for the fact it was Scott’s turn to host and that takes priority over moving it so parents can attend at a larger school gym. 

91134D33-01DB-45B3-92FD-EA8D1B478C60.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gameface said:

If it’s anything like we’re doing up here in Region 6, I would make alternate arrangements to live stream. Region 6 is being ran on 1 camera for 2 mats and that the Region has to pay KHSAA for the rights to stream it so the parents that are being told they can’t come and attend, can watch 3/4 of the mat. This is the sneak preview of what we all get to look forward to (JV Regionals at Scott HS where parents can’t attend) I don’t know the reason they couldn’t have changed venues, except for the fact it was Scott’s turn to host and that takes priority over moving it so parents can attend at a larger school gym. 

91134D33-01DB-45B3-92FD-EA8D1B478C60.jpeg

I'm sure if we put our collective minds together, here in region 6, we can get at least a decent broadcast with multiple cameras. I did a live stream with a former, very respected, coach, and we had some great reviews. If we can get access to the Wi-Fi and equipment, I know we can do better than this. I'm willing to volunteer my time and I'm sure many others would as well

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Tbagnky said:

I'm sure if we put our collective minds together, here in region 6, we can get at least a decent broadcast with multiple cameras. I did a live stream with a former, very respected, coach, and we had some great reviews. If we can get access to the Wi-Fi and equipment, I know we can do better than this. I'm willing to volunteer my time and I'm sure many others would as well

That’s awesome!! I don’t know if we have a region rep that can be addressed or if this is something to go through the AD at Scott. Maybe Rick Seeney (RJS) can help us figure this out since he’s involved with multiple sports at Scott HS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CoachC said:

Just FYI, the NFHS and the KHSAA own all video rights to all post season events.

Jon, Is the NFHS or KHSAA going to provide streaming for families then to assist with this hurtle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CoachC said:

Just FYI, the NFHS and the KHSAA own all video rights to all post season events.

Great! Any information on how we can contact them in order to make the post season one the kids/parents/fans could watch without 1/3 of each mat not being shown, no score updates, no weight class designation....? We're just trying to make it more accessible, and any help that could be pushed our way would be be greatly appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CoachC said:

Just FYI, the NFHS and the KHSAA own all video rights to all post season events.

Pull some strings. Let khsaa keep the money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasnt state on trackwrestling live last year? I believe Coach Carr helped do all that and you could watch. Im sure this year they will do the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, coachteater said:

Wasnt state on trackwrestling live last year? I believe Coach Carr helped do all that and you could watch. Im sure this year they will do the same

State was on track last year. We had a lot of people who couldn't make it to the horse park watch it. My question was more about Regionals, specifically Region 6 which is supposed to be at Scott High School, where they didn't allow spectators. The image above is from Region 6 JV Regionals. The stream had no pay to watch, no scores, no commentary, no names, no weight class. It was just background noise and the camera shaking and kids putting their hands in front of it. I'm trying to contact the necessary powers that be to ensure that we get a chance to watch these boys, some of whom may be 1st time State Qualifiers, with some semblance of a true viewing experience. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coachteater said:

Wasnt state on trackwrestling live last year? I believe Coach Carr helped do all that and you could watch. Im sure this year they will do the same

Yes it was now that you say that, because I have the password to go back and watch matches thanks to Coachc. Now that a lot of us can’t go and will pay the money to stay home, that buy in will be much higher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2021 at 7:27 PM, gameface said:

That’s awesome!! I don’t know if we have a region rep that can be addressed or if this is something to go through the AD at Scott. Maybe Rick Seeney (RJS) can help us figure this out since he’s involved with multiple sports at Scott HS. 

I just found out that Region 6 Regionals have been moved to Ryle. Conner's AD has said that we can use their broadcasting equipment if needed, which would cover one mat. Any information from Ryle or any other R6 team on other ways to get this out to friends and family unable to attend would be greatly appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tbagnky said:

I just found out that Region 6 Regionals have been moved to Ryle. Conner's AD has said that we can use their broadcasting equipment if needed, which would cover one mat. Any information from Ryle or any other R6 team on other ways to get this out to friends and family unable to attend would be greatly appreciated. 

Correct it has been moved. We have a larger gym that will allow parents in the stands. A huge a Thank you goes out to Scott’s AD, Ryle’s head coach Tim Ruschell and a few others in the background to allow this to happen. As far as the broadcast, it’s in the hands of Mike Barren at this moment. What can or cannot be done has to be ran through the KHSAA and NFHS. Jon Carr of USA wrestling is also trying to help. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ucbcoach said:

Union County has a pretty nice broadcast through WMSK.

Yes it is. They are getting a lot of practice doing the basketball games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gameface said:

Correct it has been moved. We have a larger gym that will allow parents in the stands. A huge a Thank you goes out to Scott’s AD, Ryle’s head coach Tim Ruschell and a few others in the background to allow this to happen. As far as the broadcast, it’s in the hands of Mike Barren at this moment. What can or cannot be done has to be ran through the KHSAA and NFHS. Jon Carr of USA wrestling is also trying to help. 

Awesome! Let me know if you guys need anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this