Sign in to follow this  
Canter22

A Better Post-Season Proposal

Very well put together. I believe this is a proposal that everyone in the wrestling community should get behind and have an urgency to fight back against the current KHSAA plan. I really hope coaches/AD/superintendents step in and fight for what is right.

• Like 1

I realize that wrestling is not the premier sport of this state, and that we are often not afforded the special treatment or attention that other sports require.

This last quote from the proposal is all I have concerns with, especially the "Special Treatment" part of it. 

My mama always told me "you catch more bees with honey".  When the person reading this "Barren Tackett" this will send up a red flag.  They will not admit that any sport gets special treatment, regardless if it is true or false.  This one statement could cause them to turn their back on the whole idea.  Which I believe is great and well researched.  

Just my 2 cents and listening to my mama. 

10 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

I realize that wrestling is not the premier sport of this state, and that we are often not afforded the special treatment or attention that other sports require.

This last quote from the proposal is all I have concerns with, especially the "Special Treatment" part of it. 

My mama always told me "you catch more bees with honey".  When the person reading this "Barren Tackett" this will send up a red flag.  They will not admit that any sport gets special treatment, regardless if it is true or false.  This one statement could cause them to turn their back on the whole idea.  Which I believe is great and well researched.  

Just my 2 cents and listening to my mama. 

Thanks for the feedback. I totally agree, and must have missed that when reading back through it. I had to fight with my emotions on every sentence when typing this, unfortunately they got the best of me here. 

We have to try to keep our suggestions to people in places of power positive. Otherwise we're going to dismissed immediately.