Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2020-21 Rankings - February 16

One last update before we hopefully hear some good news from KHSAA. A lot of weights shifting and I’m sure more to come over the last couple weeks of the season. 

Interesting notes: 

- limited state duals will definitely change the intrigue of the event; small school loses a lot of heat, not sure about big school yet

- assuming same old state scoring, Ryle has totally closed the gap on Union. Paducah and Johnson are also a dead heat for 3rd. 5 through 11 is pretty tight as well. 

Rankings_20_21_0216.pdf

Not a normal year, so they haven't been tested as much and had opportunities for high end individual matches, but could be sleeping on Raney at 106. Past result from several years ago, but he hasn't slowed down since then.
 image.png.e8878eaf4866fac589723c0fcf7dce51.png

• Like 1

Possibly. But that is 3 years ago. Tucker has been there and done it so for now I’m leaning toward his HS experience. 106 always has some young guys surprise us. 

8 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

One last update before we hopefully hear some good news from KHSAA. A lot of weights shifting and I’m sure more to come over the last couple weeks of the season. 

Interesting notes: 

- limited state duals will definitely change the intrigue of the event; small school loses a lot of heat, not sure about big school yet

- assuming same old state scoring, Ryle has totally closed the gap on Union. Paducah and Johnson are also a dead heat for 3rd. 5 through 11 is pretty tight as well. 

Rankings_20_21_0216.pdf

Thank u 

17 minutes ago, Forge2717 said:

Does any know what's going on with these 2 young men this year?  They were beast last year.

285- Giovanni Watson (1-0)

113 - Yahir Menchaca (0-0)

I was told by Bryan Station coach that Gio had torn labrum in football. Has football scholarship next year, so not risking further injury. Great kid and wish him the best at Kentucky Wesleyan 

1 hour ago, Forge2717 said:

Does any know what's going on with these 2 young men this year?  They were beast last year.

285- Giovanni Watson (1-0)

113 - Yahir Menchaca (0-0)

Last I heard Menchata got a late start and is working on his descent to 113. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forge2717 said:

Thanks for the updates!

Tshiunza from FDHS, received a scholarship from Kentucky Wesleyan also for football, they’ll be playing together 

Along with Tristan Rayburn 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye of old said:

Is there going to be a new ranking out soon

Yeah my plan was to get an update out last Friday but traveling is getting too hard on my old body. Should be able to get it out tonight. 

7 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

Yeah my plan was to get an update out last Friday but traveling is getting too hard on my old body. Should be able to get it out tonight. 

David Conner is in at 152. 

11 minutes ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

David Conner is in at 152. 

Well, I’m not adjusting for that this week. We will let it play out at region and plug him in next week where he belongs. 

3 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

Well, I’m not adjusting for that this week. We will let it play out at region and plug him in next week where he belongs. 

I am doing the same with that semi state ranking. letting this weekends shenanigans ride.