Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2020-21 Rankings - February 5

A lot of great action and impactful results last weekend. Unfortunately only so many results have been updated in track. I was fortunate enough to be able to follow along and reflect a lot of results, but still a lot outstanding. So if you see a result not reflected that’s why. 

New number 1s: Tucker (106), Williams (113), Kinley (152)

Johnson Central moving up the team tournament rankings. 

I expect to see a lot more good in state matchups over the next couple weeks that will continue to shake up the rankings. 

Rankings_20_21_0205.pdf

20 hours ago, Smith53 said:

#9 Branson Smith defeated #3 Ian Hughs 9 to 0 at Madison Central 2 weeks ago.

If your coaches don’t keep track up to date it didn’t happen. 

45 minutes ago, Smith53 said:

Wow....just trying to give some info.

Thanks for the info. Ranger relies on coaches inputting data. He doesn’t check every schools local newspaper for results. 

There are a number of problems with people “just giving info”. 

First, good samaritans sharing information always remember to point out wins and never share the ugly losses so it’s not the whole story. Second, about 50% of the time all they really know is their kid beat someone from a given team. Unfortunately it often turns out a kid got bumped or a backup wrestled. Right singlet wrong kid. Third, it’s 2021. Lots of teams are using MatBoss or some application that makes it easy to post results. So when match results don’t show up for weeks it means both teams have likely failed to post them to track. For some reason that is the norm this year and is quite frustrating. 

Not saying any or all of these apply to the current discussion, but I’ve learned over the last 20 years that you can’t just take random info and assume it is accurate. Some guys like Coach Fleming at Trinity go above and beyond to share accurate information on his team. Others seem to go out of their way to hide it. That’s their choice. But that just means those parents and kids are subject to my interpretation or sometimes just leaving those kids out.