Sign in to follow this  
DrBaker

kids missing from rosters

From all the coaches Im talking to, everyone is losing kids, not just ranked kids. This year has been tough with covid, and kids quitting has been a big issue. I have several quit with multiple years of experience. From talking to the kids it ranges from parents not letting them to they just found other interests because it was so long since they could wrestle. This will affect wrestling as a whole for years to come I fear

On 1/14/2021 at 9:36 AM, coachteater said:

From all the coaches Im talking to, everyone is losing kids, not just ranked kids. This year has been tough with covid, and kids quitting has been a big issue. I have several quit with multiple years of experience. From talking to the kids it ranges from parents not letting them to they just found other interests because it was so long since they could wrestle. This will affect wrestling as a whole for years to come I fear

Same here man, I'm lucky to still have great numbers but I'm missing 15-20 from Covid, really hurt not being able to recruit the kids in person at school.