DrBaker

30 second water break?

20 hours ago, DrBaker said:

1-2-2 periods? Is a 1 minute first period fighting Covid? 

It does limit total contact some. I would say the advantage would be shortening the overall time time that teams are in the gym, but the 30 seconds between periods wipes that time savings away. 

I would argue I saw a handful of matches today where the 1 minute first period prolonged matches that would have ended, but the quick first period resulted in likely longer matches. 

Rjs we are often on the same page, but I’m not necessarily buying the limit on total contact. 

11 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

I would argue I saw a handful of matches today where the 1 minute first period prolonged matches that would have ended, but the quick first period resulted in likely longer matches. 

Rjs we are often on the same page, but I’m not necessarily buying the limit on total contact. 

I guess I should be clearer. We are on the same page.I was only guessing at the reason why the change was instituted for this year.  I’m not a fan, and don’t think it provides any real benefit. I’m not sure how shaving a minute off the first period helps anything. I don’t think 5 minutes of wrestling is any better than 6 in terms of controlling or limiting the spread of COVID. 

4 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

I guess I should be clearer. We are on the same page.I was only guessing at the reason why the change was instituted for this year.  I’m not a fan, and don’t think it provides any real benefit. I’m not sure how shaving a minute off the first period helps anything. I don’t think 5 minutes of wrestling is any better than 6 in terms of controlling or limiting the spread of COVID. 

Gotcha. I have suggested to many people that we don’t even attempt to understand why or how some of these rules are in place. We will only drive ourselves crazy trying to understand the nonsense. 

If the CDC says that “close contact” is “within 6 feet for at least 15 minutes”, then wrestling doesn’t even meet that definition. The periods and water breaks this year is stuff you throw at a wall and see if it sticks. Also, from the matches I’ve seen, the customary hand shake before matches has been proven difficult to regulate. 

Its pretty stupid not to shake hands before and after. I mean either you are fixing to have or just finished having direct contact with his whole body. But in saying that we get to wrestle so whatever it takes to please the powers to be.